Whats a girl to do...

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I went down to CWB this morning. I know my attitude towards this beach has GOT to change. I never find much down there and I do know it is hunted hard but still I hope. Today I went down knowing I was not going to find anything. I TOLD myself that all the way down. I was wasting my time going down but I wanted to go somewhere new for a change but still can't go too far away. I figured well maybe this morning will be my morning. It wasn't! I've never found anything other than a few ( very few) coins and junk IN the water. I have found some nice stuff in the dry sand but that is so hard for me to walk. Sooooo in the water I went. I spent about 3 hours waist to chest deep this morning and only found 1 (what I thought was a quarter but turned out to be a dollar) coin, 1 dime & 4 pennies. Plus a battery, a pull tab and a bottle cap.

Moneynjunk112109.jpg

What's a girl to do??????????????????????

Well go to the beauty shop of course.

Most of you guys and gals don't know it but my hair is about waist length or used to be. I always kept it up under my ball cap when hunting. Well now the pigtail is in a baggie with the others I've cut off over the years and in my husbands drawer. He likes to keep them for some unknown reason. Perhaps this will make a difference???? One can only hope LOL

Upvote 0

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know that you don't like it when people say,
"Well, at least you got out!!" but at least you got out!
LOL !! Be diligent in your chase for the gold
Mumszie.... your turn is coming soon.... I just
feel it. Gold Nuggets :hello:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did better then me mumszie I found a total oa 13 cents today. I guess there is always next week end if I can get out......Matt

gold-digger

Jul 4, 2006
Gulf Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excals & Quattro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I feel your pain...at least when walking the sand. Tough for me too. We hit the beach last night only to see 4 others there. There's quite a few winter hunters down already.
We walked away with a little over $2. The closest thing to jewelry was the bobbie pin and hair clip I found.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gold nuggets said:
I know that you don't like it when people say,
"Well, at least you got out!!" but at least you got out!
LOL !! Be diligent in your chase for the gold
Mumszie.... your turn is coming soon.... I just
feel it. Gold Nuggets :hello:

Well at least you got out ;D

Sorry Had to do it :coffee2:

Anyway That is one of the Fears I have mumszie .
Travel all the way
to the shore & Not be happy with my Finds.

I'm sure you know this But I'll say it anywway.
Keep at it. The More Expierenced
you get the Better your finds should Get.
and if Not from Expierence HEY The Odds
are with you that when you do find
it may be the Big score !

& Hey the Dollar Coin is nothing to Sneeze at.

JEFF

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
mumszie said:
I went down to CWB this morning. I know my attitude towards this beach has GOT to change. I never find much down there and I do know it is hunted hard but still I hope. Today I went down knowing I was not going to find anything. I TOLD myself that all the way down. I was wasting my time going down but I wanted to go somewhere new for a change but still can't go too far away. I figured well maybe this morning will be my morning. It wasn't! I've never found anything other than a few ( very few) coins and junk IN the water. I have found some nice stuff in the dry sand but that is so hard for me to walk. Sooooo in the water I went. I spent about 3 hours waist to chest deep this morning and only found 1 (what I thought was a quarter but turned out to be a dollar) coin, 1 dime & 4 pennies. Plus a battery, a pull tab and a bottle cap.

Moneynjunk112109.jpg

What's a girl to do??????????????????????

Well go to the beauty shop of course.

Most of you guys and gals don't know it but my hair is about waist length or used to be. I always kept it up under my ball cap when hunting. Well now the pigtail is in a baggie with the others I've cut off over the years and in my husbands drawer. He likes to keep them for some unknown reason. Perhaps this will make a difference???? One can only hope LOL

Look at it this way, Mumszie... if that big ring is 200 hunts away, on average, you're one day closer! TTC

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what you mean, I was bummed out this weekend went down to the beach and the water was super high and we still have a touch of red tide. Anyway I couldn't get out in the water where I wanted to hunt, and the area underwater I hunted is usually dry dry sand. I got lots of clad but nothing else, it really bites. Maybe if you always start at one end of the beach and work a direction. Try starting at the other end and working back. I do believe attitude has a lot to do with it. I have had to stop and remind myself in the middle of a sucky hunt, that its not what I am bringing home its the time I get to spend out. I have even went as far as plopping down on the shore for 10-15 minutes and watching the waves, relaxing and getting my perspective back on track.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread