Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nah, just use the right approach and you'll be fine..if you live in a residential neighborhood that's older (over 40 years old) you can start with your neighbors who know you already. If you don't, I'm sure you know people who live in older houses that you could ask. Talk with your neighbors, fellow church members and even people you work with about it. Since my kids started school, I've met a whole new bunch of people that can give me leads..if I get interested in a yard of a person I've already met, I begin by saying something like, "Has your yard ever been checked with a metal detector?" or "You know, I have this hobby.."

If they don't say "no" right away, they're still thinking about it. That's when I tell them "I only use a small screwdriver to dig holes..when I'm done you won't even be able to tell I was there." Once you're done, go back to them and thank them personally..maybe give them a souvenir of something you found. If a neighbor is out, be friendly and use the opportunity to ask them if they look approachable.

All they can say is no so you have nothing to lose.

Nat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread