OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since it is late, after midnight, and I've got at least another hour of study time ahead, and I haven't had dinner, guess I'll have "Dinnerrfast."
A combination of dinner and breakfast.

Hash browns from a large shredded potato, 5-6 sausage patties, 4-5 eggs (poached), all of the buttered toast I want, a tall glass of cold milk and a freshly ground bean cup of expresso.....
Time to start cookin'......

My Best,
Scott

Last edited:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmmm......nothing is tripping my trigger. Gonna have to think this over....??? :icon_scratch:

OK what ya eating?

for me tonight is shrimp scampi. homemade garlic/butter sauce over bed of brocc/cauli. (I don't do carbs. rare I eat anyting white flour :) )

hubby and kiddo is cube steak, battered and fried, with mash pot's and gravy, with biscuits and green beans with bacon.

we eat differrent in this home. I gotta keep my girly figure while the man can eat this AND keep his. HOW?

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the grill!!!!!!!!!!!! oh yea I am there with you. alot of steak on the grill, london broil, shrimp, corn, pork etc. Hubby has the big smoker.

outside taste is wonderful!!!!!!

now Scoop, what about sides? what ya eating?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, since you mentioned shrimp....got to have some grilled peelers with the meal now as well. Actually, I'm thinking of chunking it all up, marinating it in different flavors, and tossing it all into a grilling basket with some button mushrooms, onion chunks, apple slices, green and red pepper chunks, water chest nuts, some seedless grapes, pineapple chunks, baby tomatoes, a few beacon strips and a little smoked sausage for that added flavor. Baste all of this in a thick tangy barbecue sauce. Maybe some hot grilled garlic bread with the meal. :headbang: It's my, "Campground concoction" and it's fabulouso!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tomorrow looks like grilled sea trout, flounder, and blackened Redfish on the grill, just depends on how the early morning fishing trip goes. :dontknow:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, since you mentioned shrimp....got to have some grilled peelers with the meal now as well. Actually, I'm thinking of chunking it all up, marinating it in different flavors, and tossing it all into a grilling basket with some button mushrooms, onion chunks, apple slices, green and red pepper chunks, water chest nuts, some seedless grapes, pineapple chunks, baby tomatoes, a few beacon strips and a little smoked sausage for that added flavor. Baste all of this in a thick tangy barbecue sauce. Maybe some hot grilled garlic bread with the meal. :headbang: It's my, "Campground concoction" and it's fabulouso!

DONE. I AM YOURS. feed me!

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight, I have ready a pork roast that slow-cooked overnight in my crockpot and should be very tender by now.

The roast was a large piece and I requested that the "on duty" butcher cut the pork meat in half.
(total cost per half=about $2.50. The other half goes to the freezer for a later meal.)

I threw in some quartered "new potatos," some quartered carrots, quartered onions and have a delicious gravy to cover all.
Along with some sliced cukes, home-made 3 bean salad and sweet tea, bread and butter, I will sleep well tonight.

IM004277-001.JPG

Hope all are well and eat heartily tonight!

Best Wishes,
Scott​

Last edited:
OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Friends,

Cooking for one can sometimes be challenging, and the ideas that y'all present here
are a blessing to me to diminish the repitiiton of ramen, macaroni & cheese,
collecting catsup packets from "Quicky Marts" to make tomato soup,
beans, rice or hotdogs without buns or bread....

(Did someone mention a buffet?)

Believe me, I CAN dance...

And, at this time, I assure you that, I'm not a "man of the road..."

Thank You All!

My Very Best Wishes,
Scott​

Last edited:

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
last night I made beef stew so I could send it with my college student daughter. It's her fave meal. we prefer venison, but it was still really good. But tonight I made pork roast in my earthen ware roaster, when almost done I threw in taters, onion, carrots, turnips & butternut squash. never tried butternut with roast before & I do believe its my new fav. Farmers mrkt is going strong still, so I got all fresh vegies. Now I will have leftovers all wk, unless my daughter comes home early then it will go with her. maybe

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
last night I made beef stew so I could send it with my college student daughter. It's her fave meal. we prefer venison, but it was still really good. But tonight I made pork roast in my earthen ware roaster, when almost done I threw in taters, onion, carrots, turnips & butternut squash. never tried butternut with roast before & I do believe its my new fav. Farmers mrkt is going strong still, so I got all fresh vegies. Now I will have leftovers all wk, unless my daughter comes home early then it will go with her. maybe

Mamabear,
Are we not related somehow?

Best,
Scott

Last edited:
OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, the pork roast is gone; the remnants of the "side dishes" remain.

{opens refrigerator door to peer inside...}

OK. Gotta make a Healthy meal here....

Hmm...
OK, gotta make a meal here...

Dang!
OK, what is still edible?
A dollop of rice, a bit of beans, OK, I think this might work!

Crap! Who am I kidding?
I got a bowl in hand and my own silverware...what's for dinner that you have enough to share with a poor college boy?

(Be right over!)

Best Wishes,
Scott

PS. How 'bout I throw in my latest metal detector finds?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions