Primary Interest:
Other

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Left over chicken stir-fry mixed with rice and chicken gravy. A couple cups of coffee, a slice of apple pie with icecream . Frank

Attachments

• skull etc 019-3-Resting Rose.jpg
    skull etc 019-3-Resting Rose.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 74

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Releventchair...nice buck. How many points? Yum, I can taste the venison from here!

Tonight's dinner, homemade mac'n cheese with hamburger (kind of like Hamburger Helper - but much better).

Anita

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Odd kicker point at base of one antler made him a 9 point. Antlers a luxury and as his did will suffer with age. Skeletal system gets taxed, can only contribute so much. I do appreciate as with all game his gifting himself.
Saggitarius, while awaiting a response from mama bear. Most venison i cook must have just enough,not to much sweet basil. To me they are a great match.

That said, tonight's dinner beef ,bread, potato and gravy all mixed together. Carrots on side. Coffee.

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
soakin beans now, so I can have navy beans & ham hock tomorrow. With cornbread of course. hint for great cornbread: always bake it in cast iron skillet, melt bacon grease in skillet, when hot lay onion slices in & pour cormbread batter over. the batter should sizzle. then just bake like you would normaly.
This is my fave fall, or autumn meal.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
soakin beans now, so I can have navy beans & ham hock tomorrow. With cornbread of course. hint for great cornbread: always bake it in cast iron skillet, melt bacon grease in skillet, when hot lay onion slices in & pour cormbread batter over. the batter should sizzle. then just bake like you would normaly.
This is my fave fall, or autumn meal.
I lay bacon strips in a wheel spoke pattern on the bottom of the skillet.Great
flavor , eye appeal , and it never sticks when you turn it out.

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was time to cash in my recent clad metal detector finds and found
that I was able to attend a "chinese buffet" restaraunt.

Well, I've been there before and some things you avoid,
(octopus! Well, OK. Maybe. Get me another beer...)
and some things are OK.

The faux sushi was palatable; the hot and sour soup is hit or miss,
(I passed up on the potential test)
and the rest of the fare is subject to visual scrutinty....
But, who can screw up a salad?

I left satisfied.
(guess I'm easy to please.....)

Best Wishes,
Scott

Last edited:
OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chili. It's getting cold down here! Don't think it made 80 today. :laughing7:

MY GOD!! HELL IS FREEZING OVER!!

Hope you are well my Friend!

Best Wishes,
Scott

PS. I have a unique recipe for chili that includes, CINNAMON!
Has anyone a similar recipe?

Last edited:
OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight, I have a pork roast slow cooked overnight in my crock pot.

Once cooled, I sliced it and hand seperated it towards a pot
of barbeque suace I created that includes black strap molasses, brown sugar and other ingredients I won't tell of....

The BBQ pork on a huge seeded bun, with melted cheese on top, a whole big dill piclkle on the side with a chipolte pepper in sauce along with a whole new bag of BBQ flavored chips....

I believe that I've got a meal here.....(looking for a can of peas, green beans or lima beans....)

Ah! Lima Beans!

And you can believe that I'll want seconds.....

Mnomgnsh

I'll post later....

Best,
Scott

PS.
Dessert is bananas, homemade M&M cookies and a BIG glass of ice cold milk.

Got plenty to share.....

Last edited:

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi all, been awhile. Anyone tell me how much ham to get for how many people? I may have to do a Thanksgiving dinner and never have. LOL
Thanks, Grey

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Hi all, been awhile. Anyone tell me how much ham to get for how many people? I may have to do a Thanksgiving dinner and never have. LOL
Thanks, Grey
Quarter to half pound of baked whole country ham per person expected . This is relative to the known eating habits of prospective diners . You'll have some that won't touch it and a glutton or two that will gobble 2 pounds when they didn't buy it . The leftovers will last you a long time if there are any . Monitor the first serving to make certain that everyone that wishes to get ham at least one portion . Have lots of sides to fill the bellies . Bon Apetite

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real men do eat quiche if the love of their life tells them that's what's for supper :laughing9: .

But does a "real man" know how to cook a quiche? :dontknow:

Grey, if I'm invited, add about another pound to the total! :thumbsup:

I've got a question for y'all.

In my Anthropology class, for the final day, we have to bring a cultural-based food.

I'm thinking a snack, non-perishable, no heating required, maybe a cookie, cake or other dessert type treat.

Any ideas or recipes?

Hope All are Well!

Best Wishes,
Scott

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a non-perishable cake would have to be a fruitcake wouldn't it? :)
Heck, take in some dog meat and say it's like the ancient Chinese used to fix. See how many in the class REALLY want to taste the foods of other cultures.

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a non-perishable cake would have to be a fruitcake wouldn't it? :)
Heck, take in some dog meat and say it's like the ancient Chinese used to fix. See how many in the class REALLY want to taste the foods of other cultures.

Packer, my Friend,

I'm not sure what offends me more, eating dog or fruitcake...

I actually like fruitcake. I wrap it in cheese cloth and soak it in Bacardi 151 until about say, June....

But dog meat?

Well, I've really never been that hungry.

Best,
Scott

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Home made flavored pretzels with history maybe.
A fellow brought some corn bread in one time,he had added a can of creamed corn to it. Moistened it up and it tasted sweeter it seemed. History with corn too its origins and development. Interest in its needing wood ash,lye or lime in processing to dodge niacin deficiency, and to make it a complex carb or complete some thing. (Sorry no notes!)

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Home made flavored pretzels with history maybe.
A fellow brought some corn bread in one time,he had added a can of creamed corn to it. Moistened it up and it tasted sweeter it seemed. History with corn too its origins and development. Interest in its needing wood ash,lye or lime in processing to dodge niacin deficiency, and to make it a complex carb or complete some thing. (Sorry no notes!)

I like the corn/maize idea. Lye would indicate the making of hominy and grits. That is definately a culture of southern Appalacia.

I bet I'd get into trouble taking a southern Appalachia beverage. Moonshine!

Keep the ideas flowin' Friends!

Best,
Scott

PS. Today was a recipe for corn pudding from my local supermarket:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/JandJFoods

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread