Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'm a "half-bleed Cajun" ... from South Louisiana. We sometimes spell things different. (Geaux Tigers! Geaux Saints!) My profession is as a skip tracer. That means I find people who run out on their bills so sometimes I work in the "shadows".

If you take the word SHADOW and give it a "Cajun" spelling, that's Chadeaux. Pronunciation? "Sha dough" is as close as english will let me come.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My name here comes from: I am honest and my middle name is Samuel. I hate my first name.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm a "half-bleed Cajun" ... from South Louisiana. We sometimes spell things different. (Geaux Tigers! Geaux Saints!) My profession is as a skip tracer. That means I find people who run out on their bills so sometimes I work in the "shadows".

If you take the word SHADOW and give it a "Cajun" spelling, that's Chadeaux. Pronunciation? "Sha dough" is as close as english will let me come.

I'm a coonass from NOLA living in Abita Springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USMC Reaper

May 23, 2015
Abbeville, S.C.
Detector(s) used
MineLab CTX 3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm retired military. My user name is my branch of service and my call sign from central and South America. I was torn between the Reaper moniker and Sgt. Psycho, my nick name from Desert Storm, and DrugDealer- I am a Pharmacist in the civilian world.

INFANTRY ALL THE WAY!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mine came from an engineering patent I received around 2004. I and a couple of friends assigned the patent to a start up Consulting firm we called LIMITOOL (a lot to do with patent). I retired in 06' and it quickly became apparent there were 3 different opinions on how this was going to be run. I quit.... they couldn't make it work without me and now I just stay home and build toy boxes.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'm a coonass from NOLA living in Abita Springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coonass is a word I call myself from time to time, but Justin Wilson's expression "Half bleed Cajun" drives one member nuts and I've actually been asked about the expression by at least one mod.

It is not nasty, not violent, not racist - although I am half Caucasian, half Houma (United Houma Nation ... NDN).

JimJ

Mar 24, 2016
Metz, WV
Detector(s) used
Ace 350, At Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine is first three letters of first name and my initial of second. In the coal mines everyone called me JJ and that stuck but is too short and often used for internet. Very interesting to hear the stories of the people behind the names !

OP
OP
S

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is just a "Refresh" of an older thread that some new members may not have found buried in back pages. User names really are of interest I think. Our given names were attached to us by our parents for whatever reason, but Ahh! Our USER names are picked by us. Just curious, given that we all have this one common interest, Detecting. Some of us are into our first year of detecting, and others such as myself, now pretty much hope find a penny or dime older then we are. So, What's in a name?

Last edited:

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty self explanatory. My first passion is bowhunting, then firearms hunting just about anything, but especially deer, hence the avatar. Then Detecting. Fur trapping and coin collecting. I've done the CRH too, but it's been a while. Too addicting. I hate sitting around, seems I'm always hunting something. It was actually my wife that unknowingly gave me the name. I wanted to do something and she said I have too many hobbies. It stuck.

VTColonialDigger

Oct 13, 2016
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My name comes from that I live in Vermont and I like to dig relics and coins from the 1700s.

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Lets see. Mine is so original. NOT. I scuba with a detector. A lot of yours are interesting for sure. Thanks for sharing

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a retired Fire Fighter. I had to use the spelling to get one without a number like 2378. There are a lot of FFs on the internet!!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I just wasn't very creative that day. My name is Robert Ginn and I signed a lot of things 'rginn' and everybody in 3 counties knew who that was. I just used my real name as all the cool handles were already taken, I guess. Sorry about the all caps it's supposed to be lower case. Interesting thread, thank you Chadeaux for reminding me of Justin Wilson with that 'half-bleed' Cajun comment, haha!

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me it because I live deep in the woods next to a river. My ups man said to me that I was backwoods. So I used it. Im a mile and a half from the paved road. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning, I ONLY brought this out from being buried in the back pages of T-Net. (Of course perhaps that's where it belongs) because there have been many new members coming to Treasure Net., with a lot of great questions and in-put, and like me, do not go back page after page, I myself most enjoy "Todays Finds" & "What is it". Sooooo... Again, we all have our "user" names, and at times just wonder how & or why we chose them. I find they are of interest, and so, any new members?, or "seasoned ones?" I just went through them again and thought, Oh Yea, I remember that one. Again, just a thought.... Again, just a mild interest to me, and perhaps others as well. (or not) I'll let it run it's course again, and fair warning; perhaps next year, I'll use my Thread detector and finger shovel, and dig it up again........SP

Last edited:

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've read this thread before and enjoyed it.I guess I never posted mine.It started at work being just the average Joe painter then I was Joe fisherman.I started playing online poker and was Joe poker .When I joined TN I thought Joe treasure hunter was good but shortened it to Joe hunter.Ironically my name is Brian and I don't hunt.(animals)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread