Upvote 0

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would appear you are wrong again!! I merely educated you on proper forum etiquette along with what the proper use of this tool was. Abrasive??? telling a new person to this forum that you did not have to see there frame that "WE ALL" knew what he meant is pretty callous and assumptive to say the least. You think that wasn't abrasive!!! OR how about telling a person that Yeah what did they use it for "Toothpicks" .......really??? Grow up!!!! This is not a kid site this is a site to share knowledge and show new finds, not ridicule people on there posts. I'm done with you and if you feel the need to keep replying it will be just a testament to your immaturity. Grow up, move on and learn from this............................GTP!!!

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well... if this makes me childish in your eyes Chris then so it is. If that was a display of proper forum etiquette then I do belive I have alot to learn.

thanks

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
could be a celt though.. I mean someone had to make the toothpicks right?

Each of these celts are 1 1/2" long, half the size of the tool in question. Guess they were designed to fashion toothpicks:laughing7:

Attachments

• Minature tools 011.JPG
    Minature tools 011.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
okay I don't tire very easily.... compare them to the photos that this thread started with...laughing...ha ha..

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
okay I don't tire very easily.... compare them to the photos that this thread started with...laughing...ha ha..

In fact I was comparing them. The size, not the style. I thought your suggestion a 3 inch celt would be used to make "toothpicks" was derisive, as if a celt so tiny would serve no real function. But 3 inches, abouit the size of the tool in question, isn't that small for a celt really. Smaller then usual, yes, but tinier ones for more detailed woodwork(I take it) exist, and so I posted a couple. Pictures are a bit blurry to see the bit as well as I'd like. End scraper works for me, but I'd think otherwise if the bit showed it had been honed at all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread