Whats on the menu tonight?

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You've heard the expression 'you don't know what you're missing'? Well, except for fish sticks, perch, catfish, bass, crappie, sand/white bass, frozen tilapia, frozen fish filets, shrimp, and canned crab meat, I've not tasted any other seafood. It just never sounded appetizing to me. I sat at a restaurant once with my wife and my sis. I was eating a hamburger steak, my wife was eating chicken fried steak, and my sis had the largest seafood platter I've ever seen. She kept offering us bites of this and that. My wife tried a couple of different items, but I just wasn't interested.

I saw the website with the Spam ads. I had forgot about the Spam spread. I used to carry it in my lunch sometime. I've ate the low fat and less sodium, but never tried the others. I'll have to start watching the grocer shelves and get some of the other varieties. Something else: I like the Treat luncheon meat better than Spam most time!

Something else I could be/probably am addicted to: Vienna sausages. I eat them very seldom because of the high sodium, fat, sat. fat, etc.; but could eat them almost everyday. During the last few years though, they've changed the recipe so much that I don't like most of them. I will only eat the Wally World brand. They're the only ones that taste (to me) like the old recipes. I keep several cans, but as I said, I seldom eat them.

Hey, I also love the Underwood's Roast Beef spread! I'll still eat the chicken and deviled ham, but the roast beef to me is almost a delicacy. A can states that it's 2.5 servings (I believe). I can take a 'roll' of Ritz crackers and a whole can of the roast beef spread and make a meal just about any time.

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
@$#% turkey sandwich again. Cheddar bunny crackers on the side. Suppose that's what I get for having an Alaska beer up the road plotting deer hunting.
Should go buy more spam . Down to one can. Bought more gamma seal lids so I can hide some now from Viking. l.o.l..

View attachment 1045868

Yea no desert for Viking till he eats his spam and bread (damn kids now-a-days)

problem is I'm the same way... :tongue3:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being in Florida I eat a lot of crabs, oysters and other seafood.
Seafood is my favorite along with lake food like frog legs, gator tail, soft shell turtle, etc.

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never had frog legs gator tail...can you make jerky out of gator? or turtle. i would like to try them though!
Last night, taco salad...tonight sandwich. Garlic sourdough, black forest ham, Havarti, lettuce, tomato, mayo, grey Poupon mustard & horseradish. As i watch Danika....putting around the track. She is in 25th! At least she hasn't been lapped yet.:laughing7:
Come on girl! Gas pedal is on the right! You push it car goes faster! rofl.gif

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good news here in Middle TN. Wife just returned from major grocery run and brought me home a "spam" T-Bone. God I love her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She's on a "special" diet for 2 weeks for upcoming blood work and can't partake in this meal... :tongue3: So .... I guess I'm on my own. But I'll make it... DON'T WORRY FOLKS (tonight). There might be some leftover T-bone, fried spuds and a couple eggs for breakfast...!!!!!!!!!!!!:occasion14: I surely am blessed tonight.

Attachments

• S6300530.JPG
    S6300530.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 60
OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good news here in Middle TN. Wife just returned from major grocery run and brought me home a "spam" T-Bone. God I love her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She's on a "special" diet for 2 weeks for upcoming blood work and can't partake in this meal... :tongue3: So .... I guess I'm on my own. But I'll make it... DON'T WORRY FOLKS (tonight). There might be some leftover T-bone, fried spuds and a couple eggs for breakfast...!!!!!!!!!!!!:occasion14: I surely am blessed tonight.
Oh....OH!! Why you..............:laughing7:
Well you will be sober tonight!
Let me explain....Ain't no alcohol in Coors light.:laughing7:

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quote Originally Posted by Limitool View Post

She's on a "special" diet for 2 weeks for upcoming blood work and can't partake in this meal... So .... I guess I'm on my own. But I'll make it... DON'T WORRY FOLKS (tonight). There might be some leftover T-bone, fried spuds and a couple eggs for breakfast...!!!!!!!!!!!! I surely am blessed tonight.
Oh....OH!! Why you..............:laughing7:
Well you will be sober tonight!
Let me explain....Ain't no alcohol in Coors light. rofl.gif
When I have A T-bone or rib steak...or beef ribs, my staffie is waiting!
That looks good....enjoy!:icon_thumright:
I hope that's the kinda food we can expect for the "Get together"
No Coors light...you sir.. and RJC can have that!:laughing7:

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tonight, our Labor day meal of hamburger's, with ham,swiss and dill pickle, put together and grilled in the bun, cauliflower and chedder cheese bake, and left over potato salad,( RJC missed it).....was served with frozen Rum Runners....151, blackberry liqueur, banana liqueur, white rum, lime juice and grenedine.....blended with lots of ice....the "Florida Keys" favorite........Gary

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, yesterday the son-in-law grilled some ribs, a chicken, and a chuck roast. I went for the roast! It was really lean, but he didn't leave it on the grill quite long enough. It was a bit 'raw' on the inside. I just can not force myself to eat meat that is not well done! So I cut a piece and 'nuked' it for about a minute in the microwave. Great!

It's just now 11 a.m. here and he has the grill started. He's gonna grill some ribeyes! I'm gonna make him leave mine on the grill until the last minute. Man, I love those ribeyes! I can stand meat that's a little 'dry' better than I can stand it 'bloody'. I like it when it's 'just right'. He likes his meat really rare. I guess he thinks everybody should like it that way. He knows I'll not eat it if it's rare. He told me yesterday that he would take his off the grill first and mine would be last. lol

Hope everybody enjoys their Labor Day eats.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Think i'm going to have some chicken stir fry with ginger sauce,broccoli,potatos,cauliflower and brussel sprouts.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think your son in law is looking for some madcow disease texasred:occasion14:

Well I LOVE MY STEAK ... RARE! Just knock off the horns and wipe its ass. I can wait till everything is done for a meal and I'll throw my steak on a HOT GRILL and be right there in a couple minutes.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_0121.JPG Homemade potato and bacon soup...cooked 6 hours in crock pot...cheese and bacon crumbles on top.

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I LOVE MY STEAK ... RARE! Just knock off the horns and wipe its ass. I can wait till everything is done for a meal and I'll throw my steak on a HOT GRILL and be right there in a couple minutes.

Yeh buddy!! Rare! The more you cook it the more like leather it gets. Hamburger of course is best cooked a bit more.
Mad cow disease? No matter how well down, you can still get it. After everyone eats, check this out (2 pages)
The Basics of Mad Cow Disease
It's 90 degrees on my back porch, Grill "flavorizers" rusted away...so it's a cold samich or a salad.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
The more you cook it the more like leather it gets.

Nah,you just have to watch it while you cook it.Ive had steaks that Ive cooked well done that you can cut with a fork.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nah,you just have to watch it while you cook it.Ive had steaks that Ive cooked well done that you can cut with a fork.

Well you can put yours on at noon (dinner at 6:00 pm.) and watch it till then. When yours is deemed worthy give me a 3 minutes heads up and I'll cook my steak and we'll eat together. Let the blood roll!!!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Well you can put yours on at noon (dinner at 6:00 pm.) and watch it till then. When yours is deemed worthy give me a 3 minutes heads up and I'll cook my steak and we'll eat together. Let the blood roll!!!

Brad,

I used to like RAW hamburger,of course that was years ago,don't trust it today though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread