Whats on the menu tonight?

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll have to admit the son-in-law did a great job on my steak yesterday! It was almost tender enough to cut with a fork, yet juicy as could be. I don't mind 'juice' if it's clear. That was really a good one.

Still have some leftovers of the ribs, chicken, and roast from Sunday. That's the 'menu' for today.

DixieLandMan

Sep 18, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202, White's MXT, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
quail breasts with rosemary and garlic. Yum!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brad,

I used to like RAW hamburger,of course that was years ago,don't trust it today though.
When I was a kid, anytime my mom was cooking with hamburger, my dad would steal some and eat it raw on crackers with hot sauce.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I like a little bit of steak tartare myself every now and again. Tonight we're having a slow cooked pot roast with onion gravy from the pan drippings chunks of potato and some roasted carrots. This is one of my most favorite meals ever. We have been detecting nearly every afternoon lately and today I had my hair cut,colored,and highlighted and wanted a relaxing evening at home and one pot meal.

Last edited:

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coily.....adopt me-Please......I'll do the dishes, the wash, and clean the house just to eat at your table....:laughing7:.....Gary

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Brad,

I used to like RAW hamburger,of course that was years ago,don't trust it today though.

Buddy I totally agree with THAT COMMENT! What the hell ever happened to just "natural" meat as I ground my deer up with some fat added?

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Pulled chicken breast in broccoli, cheese and pasta. Hay, I brought it back to the menu and tied it to the prior posts at the same time. Not an easy maneuver! lol Frank...- five star.png
111-2 700.jpg

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonights fare includes calimari done two ways,,,,panko-herb crusted and deep fried.....saute'd with cauliflower florets, olive oil, and thai pepper sauce served with red beans and rice....and plenty of mint Iced tea.......Gary

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight...again salad or cold samich. It is 90.5 on my back porch! I can not work in this heat, even my tool belt is sweating. rofl.gif

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonights fare includes calimari done two ways,,,,panko-herb crusted and deep fried.....saute'd with cauliflower florets, olive oil, and thai pepper sauce served with red beans and rice....and plenty of mint Iced tea.......Gary
That's one hell of a lake you live on...it's got squid too? :laughing7:

gusser

Dec 23, 2013
Central Penna
Detector(s) used
copper dowsing rod and a smaller 1 for a pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rib Eyes from my own grass raised Steers. Corn on the Cob. Boiled red potatoes doused in real butter. Salad and home made bread. All grown here on the farm. She's a good woman.

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Viking, sorry, but as good as this Lake is, I still have to buy my squid.....but the geese are flying, and the season started yesterday....stay tuned.....Gary

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Viking, sorry, but as good as this Lake is, I still have to buy my squid.....but the geese are flying, and the season started yesterday....stay tuned.....Gary
Ahh yes...thee elusive fresh water squid....:laughing7:

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always get a kick out of people advertising fresh ocean fish in mid-west U.S. Your 1,500 miles from any ocean?! I guess its fresh compared to 1800's standards.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread