Whats the best Angle Grinder to get...?

ahem, guys- she posted about this 5 years ago.. I think she's decided by now ( let it go)

Oh, ok. I was replying to everyone else's replies :laughing7:

I use a 4" Mikita grinder with a diamond blade($17-$20 for blade/wheel). Best grinder on the market!!! I use mine every day and have only had to replace it 1 time in 20 years due to me dropping things on the cord! I have dewalt and Milwaukee tools and they r good, but I would never buy anything except a Mikita for a grinder! Period!!! Like i said I use it everyday cause I'm a plumber. I cut clay tile pipe, cast iron pipe, and ductile steel(3/4") when in a pinch and don't have chop saw with me. Don't waste your time buying any other blades other than a diamond blade! They sell adapters so uncan use wire wheels, etc.. Always use safety glasses and dust masks!!! Cannot stress last point enough!

I have had the same $10 grinder I got on sale at Harbor Freight 6-7 years ago. I obviously do not use it on a daily basis but it has cut a lot of metal. If I were to need one for work I would spend the money on a quality one. However for occasional use this HF has done its job.

For the limited times I will use an angle grinder I just bought a cheap porter cable. Works fine for me and I think it may be a step above HF quality.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back