Whats the funniest thing.........

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's the funniest thing.........

.......you've ever seen or experienced while metal detecting?

No kidding, a couple of years ago a friend and I were camping on a simi-secluded lake in the U.P. of Michigan, it was mid-week and hardly anyone there. Anyway, there about six or seven camp sites on this little point of land surrounded by water and we were setup in one of those. One afternoon near the end of the week we were MDing in the water behind these camp site and we saw this big camper coming out onto the point. The guy and his wife stop, get out and start inspecting the the open spots which is pretty common, especially with a big unit you're going to try to squeeze into a tight spot. Next thing we know this lady is actually trying to talk us into leaving so they can have our spot, and we're thinking......."No, not about to take down our whole camp, we still have a day or two, ain't going to happen. Sorry." So she storms off, yells at her husband, he instantly gets pissed at the situation, jumps into his truck, steps on the gas, and the next thing we know he has managed to jack-knife his entire rig over a "too-steep of a ridge" while trying to back his big camper into one of the open spots at warp speed. I mean that particular spot and steep ridge was so obvious, and yet he just went nuts and tried to ram it in there anyway. Twisted the bed of his truck, raised the bed of his truck, and bent the front bed area of his camper so badly that it was touching the tops of the truck bed on both sides. And then suddenly, of course, it was our fault, somehow. :icon_scratch: :laughing7:

Upvote 0

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: What's the funniest thing.........

I was detecting near a boat ramp and heard a giant crash, looked up and a guys aluminum boat had slid out of his truck bed before he got to the water....the boat was sittting on the concrete with his wife in it....I was laughing so hard I had to turn around so they couldnt see me.....she was cussing him like a sailor. :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lookindown said:
I was detecting near a boat ramp and heard a giant crash, looked up and a guys aluminum boat had slid out of his truck bed before he got to the water....the boat was sittting on the concrete with his wife in it....I was laughing so hard I had to turn around so they couldnt see me.....she was cussing him like a sailor. :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Oh man........ :sign10:

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I was in a local park detecting and in this park the geese and ducks forage through the grass looking for a meal. Well as I worked my way down most of the geese took off and left, except this one goose, he stayed but kinda kept his distance. As I worked the area and dug the targets I noticed he started getting closer with each dig. I continued to detect and after a while it was apparent that each time I found a target and swung over it reading the VDI, the sound, the depth, and pinpointing, this goose would come right up to the detector and wait for me to dig the target. He had figured out when I was going to dig a target. Imagine that. Then as I would search the hole for the coin with the pinpointer the goose would get his head right down in the hole and go through the roots and dirt foraging. This went on for about an hour and then he started pecking at the pinpointer, my hand and targets. I finally got tired of my partners antics and whopped him several times to get rid of him. Well like a lot of MDing partners he didn't get the hint immediately but after a few more whoppings and no change in behavior I got up and left. I fixed his goose.

DoomDrag

Dec 16, 2011
Mobile, Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's MXT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

:sign10: Wow FCCDFEd. I live down the street that is active with geese and ducks, and hoping to go there to MD soon. After reading your post I am defiantly going have to watch my back for a nosy goose now.

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

My brother and I were metal detecting and we decided to stop by a general store for a soda. I saw a guy peel rubber into theparking lot he then kissed his girlfriend a long kiss then he got out of his car and looked boozed up talking loud to his girlfriend as the went to go into the store. I noticed he left his drivers door wide open, I said: Sir... you left your door open. The guy turned around and gave me the finger!
I told my brother: ok let him get his car stolen! let's wait a minute because I just might have to kick his ass, he ain't worth it. Just then My brother said : Look! I turned around and we saw this big rat jump into the guys car!
The couple came back and the guy gave me a grin and started kissing on his girlfriend, then we heard a scream! They both jumped out of the car and opened all the doors, the rat jumped out and ran. The guy ran around the car and was looking under the car and around the wheel welds. At that time my brother and I laughed so loud and hard the guy was so red-hot-mad, he peeled pout of the parking lot.
That's what he gets for somebody being nice and then he flips them off.

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Me and a buddy were hunting a Baseball field and it did not seem to me to have many signals
One ever 10 feet maybe... you know that kind of place, I dug maybe a dime and a few pennies in the 15 min we were there, not much trash not much anything it did not seem....
Then my partner got a signal on his XLT and he said it was reading like a zinc penny and he tried to
pinpoint it with a screwdriver (something I do well but he has a hard time hitting the target)
After trying for a few minutes and not hitting the target he said to me, that he was not going to fool
with it anymore and started to walk off... I have done this countless times as I also get tired of zinc
pennies, but here at this place I had so few signals that I said to him, I'm not getting much so I will go ahead and dig that also. he said OK he didn't care he was tired of trying....
So I did, and when I got it out of the ground.... It was the biggest Gold Class Ring eather of us had
ever seen, and I almost fell over...
I kept the ring because I dug it, and he said he wasn't mad, but I did not believe him....
I still rib him about that to this day....
and I think he digs all his zinc penny signals now..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread