Whats the most banks youve hit in one day?

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Re: What's the most banks you've hit in one day?

Unlike Gman, I dont keep count. I would estimate 15-25. 41 is feasable :)

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Honestly - the most I did in one day was 6 or 7 topps & none of them had halfs.... >:(

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other

I have hit as many as 50 but I must confess. You see I am a large kind of fata$$. I use the drive thru tellers most of the time. If they indicate there is more inside, I cart my big butt in there. Otherwise it is off to the next driveway. 40 would be tough if you are going into each one and having to stand in line, wait for the vault teller etc. Cheers, Jim

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

We hit two in Coffeville, Kansas and they shot the heck out of us. The Daltons

Dang it, you guys, I told you to keep off my computer! M >:( nty

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

How many banks you can stop at in a day is dependent on 4 things.

1) The total driving time between banks. Time driving is time wasted.
2) Day of the week and month. Fridays tend to be busier and Saturdays are half days and busier. Around the end of the month is always busier too. Busier leads to more waiting in line.
3) Whether you are in small town or large city banks also seems to have an impact on line size. Usually smaller towns are quicker in and outs.
4) And last but not least if you have enough cash to buy everything and search later. If you run out of cash and need to stop, search in the car, and cash in, it can dramatically lower the total number of banks searched.

And technically a combination of #2 and #3 above, on certain days of the week banks close early....sometimes as early as 2 PM or 3 PM on certain weekdays in small towns....other days they are open late.....6 PM or 7 PM.

Pick the right day and you can do more.

I think I have maxed out in the 30's on my couple of longer trips if I remember right (33 to 35) in one day, but those were mainly small town banks and I don't tend to be a morning person so I got a late start.

My other advice...plan your route in advance...maybe even call ahead to the bank to see if they have what you are looking for before stopping (eliminates wasted time driving and in line). Granted, I have only rarely called ahead because it gives the tellers time to search through whatever they have and buy it themselves before you get there as well.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro

my max is probably 30 but I usually hit the smaller towns where banks are farther apart. It is possible to do 40 or so If they are all close and know you are coming. Start as the doors open. You will need the time. Get yourself a cup of Joe because it will take it out of you. Hope you walk away with pockets full of silver.

-Golden Silver

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Seven or eight is the most I've ever been to. Mostly because I'm from a rural area and the banks are 5-10 miles or more apart.

-Codes

coltdavis

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2008
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

2 :( lol im to new to CRH but im going to start having to go on road trips, today i asked for dimes and the 2 tellers that were working looked at all the hand rolls they had and they all had my mark lol so im going to have to order boxes now or go on a little trip.

HH

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500

i hit 33 today. all in a college town. only got 4 40% and 1 clad ike. most do not even have halves. i think i will stick to ordering as many as i can from my local banks and hope for the best. oh and one teller told me she could not sell from the vault because i did not have an account there. ??? ???

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

silvercop said:
i hit 33 today. all in a college town. only got 4 40% and 1 clad ike. most do not even have halves. i think i will stick to ordering as many as i can from my local banks and hope for the best. oh and one teller told me she could not sell from the vault because i did not have an account there. ??? ???

I have also found that college towns don't carry halves as well. When I was in college (just graduated this December), I literally stopped at every bank in town over the course of a few weeks and about 10% of them had halves. The banks that did have halves were mainly other people's dumps so I didn't even bother with it. I just stuck to pennies, nickels, dimes and sometimes quarters and had a blast doing it.

-Codes

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island

20ish?

I always plan on getting there as soon as they open but end up sleeping in or detouring or something to stop me from hitting as many as possible. =)

~Dave

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro

Sorry silver cop that your road trip did not produce more. College towns have not been good to me either. When I was in college I barely had any spending money so it just stands to reason that they don't produce as much. But at least you tried and now you know that town is clean. Move on to the next.

-Golden Silver

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania

i have done close to 30 i would say....i could have done more but got a late start....i also have an advantage in the big city as the banks tend to be clustered ....around 5-6 banks in a few block area

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread