ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

JimK

Aug 19, 2009
Central Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine is a picture my wife took of me as we where wrapping up a long day of relic hunting.

JimK

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michener is one of my favorite authors and just loved reading most of his books. Very rarely do I find a TV or movie adaption of a novel acceptable, but I thought the mini-series 'Centennial' hit the mark. Michener liked it too. Little did I realize I would someday be living in Colorado. I liked Pasquinel, and all the other characters. Plus I kinda resemble him I guess. Now if only Maria could only resemble the younger Clay Basket....(I didn't mean that part, just jokin, she's fine as she is!)

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My current one is of a 1830 5 cent piece which is the oldest piece of US silver I've found, it's kind of special as it comes off our own property where there was the warehouse and ferry landing dating back to the 1830's. The town was layed out in the 1850's by a fellow and our first Prime Minister Sir John A MacDonald, there's a dam that sits beside our home was built in 1810 and it supplied the two mills. Basically I have 40 acres of the hamlet that was partially laid out, the brick yard/factory, clay pits, ferry landing, warehouse, dairy barn/cellar holes, and a few unknowns. I'm hoping to put something up older than this one this year. I continue to dream...

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm a bit of a caveman, always dizzy, and I like to dig.

rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, ACE250, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this in a church yard last summer(my first year md'ing)and couldn't get it open for months. Finally took it to a high end jeweler and he told me that, "I can't open it without breaking it but it's not worth it because you're probably going to find a battery inside." I was disappointed and took it home and pried it open. No battery, just serial numbers dating it from 1897-1900. The only three years they made this watch. Yes, i broke the locking mechanism but, HA, no battery! I still fight the urge to go back to that guy to show him he was wrong but it's a 30 minute drive and i just don't feel like it.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My avatar is a medallion that I found while mding a few years ago. It shows solidarity between friends and although I have never been able to completely identify it I think its cool.

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Found this in a church yard last summer(my first year md'ing)and couldn't get it open for months. Finally took it to a high end jeweler and he told me that, "I can't open it without breaking it but it's not worth it because you're probably going to find a battery inside." I was disappointed and took it home and pried it open. No battery, just serial numbers dating it from 1897-1900. The only three years they made this watch. Yes, i broke the locking mechanism but, HA, no battery! I still fight the urge to go back to that guy to show him he was wrong but it's a 30 minute drive and i just don't feel like it.

I have always want to find a pocket watch, they look so cool. I doubt that any old pocket watch would have a battery lol. I do not think you could open it without breaking the locking mechanism so it may have been worth it considering it was already in bad shape to begin with.

Coinman123,

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Only pic of me during one of the coolest moments in my life...
I am holding bars and wearing money chain from Mels personal "stash" from the Santa Margarita...
Went down to Keys for a meeting with Mel Fisher for a job...
He offered me a job to help search for the ship Atocha ... which I readily accepted.
But there is more to the story... heh.

There is bigger pic in my profile album... I call it "golden eye"...
In pic you can see how the flash made the gold appear in my eye... making my eye look weird.

Btw I am 12 in this picture... 1980

Wow!! That is an incredible story! Not many people can say that when they were twelve they worked to find real buried treasure with World Famous treasure hunter Mel Fisher.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
The Wife,Son and I were there in Aug. 2010,I guess someone took the"I lifted a gold bar at Mel Fishers museum" serious.

Let me rephrase this..when you went in the museum they gave you a gold sticker to put on your shirt that said that,we went and dang the next day it happened.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I couldn't find a pic of a flying sphere with daggers.

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is just a picture of me from a disco party I attended last year. I got the whole costume from the thrift store during one visit. The silver top still had gross perfume smell on it and I itched for several days after wearing it.
Sometimes you have to be uncomfortable to look this good.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!! That is an incredible story! Not many people can say that when they were twelve they worked to find real buried treasure with World Famous treasure hunter Mel Fisher.

Actually I never WORKED with him... like I said... LONG story.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey SeabeeRon... My father was a Seabee Diver...
Stationed in Laredo.
70's

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread