Whats the strangest place you have ever found an artifact.

flintchasr

Oct 13, 2010
illinois
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Boots and walking stick
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just bored and was wondering what is the strangest place you have ever found an artifact. Mine I suppose would be in the gravel parking lot of popular arrowhead hunting and fishing spot. I'm certain another artifact hunter had found it and dropped it while returning to his or her vehicle. By the way it was a fairly decent scraper blade. If this snow don't melt i'm gonna have the kids take some of my points and hide them around the house just so I will have something to hunt for. A friend of mine once found a madison point along the mississippi river that was completely encased in ice and was rolling around on the river bank. HH.

Flintchasr

Upvote 0
OP
OP
F

flintchasr

Oct 13, 2010
illinois
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Boots and walking stick
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mad.co.walker said:
in my washing machine. forgot to take one out of my pocket. busted it all to heck. :tongue3: :tongue3: im ready to walk when ever youre ready flintchasr.

Buddy I'm ready to go now but we would need ice axes to get down to the dirt. The first day the snow is gone I'll be ready and I don't care if the mud is waist deep. I've got a horrible case of cabin fever.

Flintchasr

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
The strangest place I ever found an artifact was in Turkmenistan (some flint blades and uniface tools that I picked up and put back down.) The entire country is strange.

ohioaxeman

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2007
sandusky, ohio
was watching a high school baseball game with my brother and nephew. i said, hey boy those piles of dirt over there might have some arrowheads in them. he comes back 15 minutes later and has 3 heads. i went back over there with him and found total of 22 heads in 1.5 hours. just fill dirt for the baseball fields.

OP
OP
F

flintchasr

Oct 13, 2010
illinois
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Boots and walking stick
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ohioaxeman said:
was watching a high school baseball game with my brother and nephew. i said, hey boy those piles of dirt over there might have some arrowheads in them. he comes back 15 minutes later and has 3 heads. i went back over there with him and found total of 22 heads in 1.5 hours. just fill dirt for the baseball fields.

I never thought much about looking in fill dirt. I'll have to try that. Matter of fact the town I grew up in has a cemetery which is located right up against a farm field that has a good sized camp site in it. They are always offering the extra fill dirt to anyone who wants it or needs it. I'll have to check into that. Thanks for the info.

Flintchasr

Jonzer

Feb 12, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Natural Eyeball Pressure
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was 12, a buddy and I were going rabbit hunting. While walking down railroad tracks to get to our hunting spot, my friend picked up a 3 lb full groove axe head that was mixed in with the railroad gravel. It was polished and perfect. I couldn't believe it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread