Whats up with BU nickels here... Got a few more. Pics Added

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
What's up with BU nickels here... Got a few more. Pics Added

My daughter and I are off to a slow start after we cleaned up at the end of 2010... But, our bank is getting us two boxes of halves next week :tongue3:

So, we did one box of nickels and one box of cents today (our first). We have decided to start saving some copper pennies for fun. So here are the results:

Cents:

9 Wheats. Oldest is 1946S.
607 Coppers (not counting the wheats). That seems like a pretty good ratio to us.

Nickels:

31 Pre-1960 including 1 1944 P war nic (it was even an ender!)

and oddly enough we got two more BUs including one semi-key date (1942 D). The other BU was a 57 D.

So in the past few weeks we have gotten two 1938 D, 1 1942 D, and 1 1957 D all in very nice BU???

Almost seems like someone dumped some BU rolls. These are very nice coins, hard to believe they are in these rolls, but I'm not complaining. Will probably do some more next week, but we have 80 pounds of nickels to dump :tongue3:

Still need three more nickels to fill our book and we aren't giving up!

The 44 P was our first 2011 silver as I had to go out of town for work and didn't even have time for any roadtrippin.

HSH to all!

Upvote 0

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Re: What's up with BU nickels here... Got a few more.

Nice BU nickel finds. Especially the 1938. Nice to see you have your daughter interested in coins.
rileyboy

OP
OP
Numismaniac

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010

She is completely hooked, and it's a lot more fun to have a CRH partner! My wife tolerates it, but will never participate....

My daughter has her own nice little silver stash, just imagine what it will be worth when she's my age!

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Could we see some up close pics?

OP
OP
Numismaniac

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
Re: What's up with BU nickels here... Got a few more. Pics added

OK, had a request for some pics. Here are two of them. They are all in similar condition very nice AU to MS!

Attachments

• Nics front.jpg
    Nics front.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 231
  • Nics Back.jpg
    Nics Back.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 238

Steve L.

Oct 11, 2008
Vienna, ME
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, White's DFX-300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: What's up with BU nickels here... Got a few more. Pics Added

Numismaniac,
I love hunting nickles! It is especially rewarding to find a nice example from the early circulation years, congratulations on yours. Top that off with a silver war nickle, I call that SWEET! :icon_thumleft:
Hope those boxes of halves treat you right! Best of luck,
Steve

treeslayer

Apr 9, 2010
Re: What's up with BU nickels here... Got a few more. Pics Added

Excellent score!! I have found some war nickels and alot of pre 60s, but nothing in that kind of shape. Good luck and HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread