jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Sure have been a lot of locked/deleted threads the past 2 days.

I fail to understand why this is happening?

This is a discussion forum and that is precisely what is occurring. An open dialogue directly related to treasure hunting.

No one was arguing or getting nasty about the topic at hand. People from varying backgrounds expressed their opinions, but mostly it was informational and offered interesting views on a very unique topic.

Here is my opinion: Topics like this should be allowed to be discussed.

Feel free to delete this thread. :tongue3:

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I think the mods on any forum have a hard job to do to keep a balance. I didn't think the last thread was out of hand YET, but maybe they wanted to make sure it didn't go that far. I read through the rules and didn't see any broken BUT since I am very new I didn't know. Like everything else in life there are always two sides. We might not know what the moderators think, but I am sure the reasons they have are valid and they are the ones in charge.

Remember. The beatings will continue till moral improves.

Last edited:

LordoftheZincs

Dec 14, 2013
San Juan Island WA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the mods on any forum have a hard job to do to keep a balance. I didn't think the last thread was out of hand YET, but maybe they wanted to make sure it didn't go that far. I read through the rules and didn't see any broken BUT since I am very new I didn't know. Like everything else in life there are always two sides. We might not know what the moderators think, but I am sure the reasons they have are valid and they are the ones in charge.

Remember. The beatings will continue till moral improves.

Oh my gawd!!! There's mods here too!?!?! :censored: :laughing7:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bit of a sad affair really, I'm glad the thread has been locked/deleted. No need to keep dragging someone over the hot coals, he's paid the price already.

SS

Last edited:

2screwed

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
he's paid the price already.

SS

I don't think he has. I have no doubt that he was a nice guy, an avid THer and fun to be around. But that's not the point. He was quite prolific on here and every thread he started and every "find" he made is now in question.
He was duped... No we were duped, all of us. The sites integrity was impugned. Having something up on the banner was lessened and is now looked upon with suspicion because of his actions. We now know you can buy and lie your way up there.
Personally I think all of his banner finds should be stripped and I wouldn't be opposed to all the threads he started being deleted. Harsh yes, but which ones are fact and which ones are fantasy?
Just my personal opinion and that and $1.69 will get you a cup of coffee down at the little store.

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Link to the thread please!

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who are we talking about?

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think he has. I have no doubt that he was a nice guy, an avid THer and fun to be around. But that's not the point. He was quite prolific on here and every thread he started and every "find" he made is now in question.
He was duped... No we were duped, all of us. The sites integrity was impugned. Having something up on the banner was lessened and is now looked upon with suspicion because of his actions. We now know you can buy and lie your way up there.
Personally I think all of his banner finds should be stripped and I wouldn't be opposed to all the threads he started being deleted. Harsh yes, but which ones are fact and which ones are fantasy?
Just my personal opinion and that and $1.69 will get you a cup of coffee down at the little store.
A lot of what you say is true, but you can't beat the guy up forever, he's paying the price by being banned for his actions and that should be the end of it..(in my opinion) and if he does come back he should be given a clean slate, I sincerely doubt he would be daft enough to do it again.

SS

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, you'd think some pure, untouched, sacred wilderness just got defiled or something like that.
People, it's the internet with a forum of over 100,000 members. Is it not a surprise that something like this would happen?
From day one, many of us are always suspect of trickery. It's the nature of the internet. Do you honestly believe EVERYTHING is for real?
T-net does an incredible job maintaining order and Jeff worked hard to maintain it's integrity.
There's been fake finds floating around here (and all over the internet) since the beginning and it can't be helped.
Take it for what it is but the show must go on!
Nobody got duped. Live, learn and move forward.
Stop worshiping some banner and go out and have some fun!
:occasion14:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure have been a lot of locked/deleted threads the past 2 days.

I fail to understand why this is happening?

This is a discussion forum and that is precisely what is occurring. An open dialogue directly related to treasure hunting.

No one was arguing or getting nasty about the topic at hand. People from varying backgrounds expressed their opinions, but mostly it was informational and offered interesting views on a very unique topic.

Here is my opinion: Topics like this should be allowed to be discussed.

Feel free to delete this thread. :tongue3:

Don't know what threads your talking about, threads deleted were deleted per our rules. Thread on the banner that was removed was moved to quarantine forum which isn't visible to members. The banning of members isn't open for argument or discussion on the open forum but can be discussed with mods via Pms.............

This thread is also likely to be locked by one of the mods too...

POST LONGEVITY
There are times we may need to free up hard disk space, and may delete older threads by date. There are other times when whole sections may be deleted, or changed. We make no guarantees as to the lifespan of a post or thread, or attachment. We reserve the right to delete any post at any time for any reason.
TreasureNet is not responsible for removing or editing any post. Information you post WILL NOT be considered copyrighted or otherwise protected from use by anyone else. We make no guarantees or warrantees as to the length of time posted information will remain online. We reserve the right to delete or modify any post, avatar or image, at any time, and for any reason. We reserve the right to limit any users' access to any feature, including the ability to search, post, browse, upload avatars, etc.. We reserve the right to ban any user, and/or delete any user account (including all posts) at any time, for any reason. Bans are not subject to member review, approval, protest, or appeal.

Look for this thread to also be locked soon...

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread Closed !

If you have problem Contact me or one of the other mods by PM.

I'm not speaking for the others, But , When a Subject gets put off topic by Me.

I mean

"Off Topic !"

If you missed me saying that I'm Sorry ! But when something disappears it is for a reason.

If you feel something disappeared by Glitch ask in a PM first.

we are all Pretty Lenient here If I say so myself.

But Don't push too far please !

the_ban_button_by_nanaki_murasaki.jpg

they don't give us a Noogie Button :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread