whats your best finds?

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
Extra leaf quarter? You mean one of the two Wisconsin "extra leaf high" or "extra leaf low" state quarters? WOW! That is quite a find. Keep that baby safe and clean. You could really cash in with that! I hear they're easier to find down south, especially Florida and Texas.

I haven't found any one great coin yet. My favorites are a 1909 VDB (no S) wheat penny, an about uncirculated 1943 steel penny, an 1883 Indian Head penny, a 1906 V-nickel, and a 1908 quarter. Found a handful of buffalo nickels and war nickels, but nothing exceptional. Halves are my favorite coins to search, and I've found some good silver, but nothing exceptional---a few walkers, but none too rare or in great condition. I've found over 400 Ikes, but no Morgans or Peace dollars. No gold---yet. Maybe I'll get lucky one of these days and find a platinum coin or something. haha. Honestly, my accumulation so far is of the quantity-over-quality type.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I fall into the same catagory as FB......nothing really special yet and quantity over quality. We will get there one day FB....our time is coming....

I guess the most excited I got was when I found a Morgan dollar at a bank that had 18 large dollars...talked my husband into taking me to Baton Rouge on a Saurday morning....one of them was this Morgan. The teller had them in one of those white envelopes they put the paper money in and laid them out on the counter and I spotted that Morgan right off....told her I would take them & put them back into that envelope myself.....my husband said I came out of that bank so fast he thought I had robbed the place....lol. Now that was fun!!!!

drink-7-up

Feb 24, 2006
Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
find this as I was driving to the bank ;D

Attachments

• deadardvark1.jpg
    deadardvark1.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 208

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In terms of value probably the 1992-D Close AM penny I found about a month ago.

Other neat finds 1883 IH penny (and a few newer ones as well), a dozen or so buffalo nickels (nothing of high value though), an 1883 No cents V Nickel, A 1909 VDB penny in AU Red Brown, 1914-S wheat, 1950-D Jefferson nickel, and 1996-W Roosevelt dime.

There might be more if I think about it, but those are the ones that come to mind.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
whitesid said:
what was your best finds?

I got an 1886 Morgan, a 1 oz silver round and a silver IKE last month.

I always ask for big dollars. I have bought almost 1000 so far just to get those. Now I need to get rid of those extras. That is two boxes of halves I could be going through.

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not found anything really extraordinary. My best is a solid AU 54 nickel, full date VF+ 1916 buff nickle, several various clad commemerative halves, a couple of 70D halves and a 1982 silver GW commemerative half.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread