Whats your best program for silver coins

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, XP Deus, previous CTX and 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the soil around here I use both 8 kHz and 4 kHz with Disc around 3 and vary other settings depending on the site and how many times I have been over it before.

If I start with the Deus rather than my CTX I usually have Reactivity at 1 and Silencer at 0 or -1. I notch out to about 30 and set every thing else to suit the conditions. I don't mind a little bit of chatter from running ground balance down and sensitivity up. If an area get very busy with trash or iron I will up reactivity in stages to 3 or 4 with Silencer at -1 to see if there are I thing that I may be missing with the starting settings.

There are no universal programs or settings that are going to find it all at all sites. Most places need to be hit multiple times from different directions with different settings to be truly hunted thoroughly. Fast and deep are opposed to each other; so if you want to hunt deep go slow with low reactivity and silencer, in busy areas Reactivity is up but loss of depth comes with it.

Many other settings depend on the ground you are hunting and no one can tell you without being there and then.

OP
OP
Joe hunter

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well no silver but I only hunted for 2 hrs got an Indian 2 wheats and a nitro shotgun shell I tested on silver though and got a much better signal I think when I go over it I'll have thanks I'll stay posted

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, XP Deus, previous CTX and 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe,

With those finds you should discover silver if it is there. I usually set up for 3 or 4 tones with the silver range being set for highest around 800 Hz; making them stand out. Keeping Reactivity and Silencer lower should make the silver signals less clipped,;but up Reactivity when needed.

How are you Ground balancing? Many are fine with Tracking if they don't want to fiddle with more frequent adjustments.

OP
OP
Joe hunter

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was tracking but pumped yesterday only a slight difference fairly normal ground

OP
OP
Joe hunter

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll mess with reactivity today trying to only make slight changes at a time to measure affect

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions