why is it that other sites, like minelab have lots of finds posted and site like deus

sandnsea49

Jan 16, 2005
Temperance, MI summer-Sarasota, FL winter
Detector(s) used
Etrac, XP Deus, Excalibur 1000, Whites Dual Field PI, Makro Multi Kruzer
is all talk about, what it sounds like, how this works, how that works, etc, etc., with a less finds posted than other sites? I have used my deus for over a year and cannot honestly post any good finds to alleviate this situation.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
No reason to?

There don't seem to be many people in the US using the Deus. If you want to see lots of Deus finds (and get some great advice from folks that have been using this machine for, what, five years now?), check the European forums.

I've had mine for all of two weeks. I've hunted with it three times for a total of about fifteen hours. My finds are detailed in two threads that I started in the Today's Finds! subforum. I didn't mention that I was using a Deus because frankly, I didn't feel that it was all that important.

Keep looking. It's there, and your machine is up to the task of helping you find it.

sleepyjim

Jun 8, 2013
Reno Ish Nevada
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GM1000, XP Deus, GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are just a few from the last month with my Deus (New to me):
1865 2 cent piece, a 1920's cracker jack cuff lin, a 1934 alcoa/Pullman token, a Order of railroad Conductors token from 1916...there is more but I am lazy.....LOL:
IMG_0681.JPG P1020191.JPG P1020213.JPG IMG_0610.JPG

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Sandy,
I think the reason There are fewer posts here is most posters want to share with the detecting world and post their finds in the "todays Finds" section Or in the "what is it" section.
The posts here are mostly questions on how to get the best out of our DEUS.

I don't post a lot because if I have the time to sit here why not be out detecting??
Our finds are good and some are Great, but for me with my typing skills the computer is a time gobbler.
I'll take a few shots of some of my finds and try to post.

I keep learning so the finds will get better...

HH

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
No reason to?

There don't seem to be many people in the US using the Deus. If you want to see lots of Deus finds (and get some great advice from folks that have been using this machine for, what, five years now?), check the European forums.

I've had mine for all of two weeks. I've hunted with it three times for a total of about fifteen hours. My finds are detailed in two threads that I started in the Today's Finds! subforum. I didn't mention that I was using a Deus because frankly, I didn't feel that it was all that important.

Keep looking. It's there, and your machine is up to the task of helping you find it.
but that is a wrong answer for Tnet is in almost every country and a lot of members are from other countries so i would have to say that not to many from the US and a lot of other countries use them….. It is just that a lot of dealers are pushing them trying to sell them … Probably a good profit to be made on the Deus...

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
but that is a wrong answer for Tnet is in almost every country and a lot of members are from other countries so i would have to say that not to many from the US and a lot of other countries use them….. It is just that a lot of dealers are pushing them trying to sell them … Probably a good profit to be made on the Deus...

I'm not sure that I understand this response. Can you reword it?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not sure that I understand this response. Can you reword it?
T net is world wide not just in the US you talked as if the only ones posted on T net was from the US ..Not true ones from countries all over the world post here ...

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

While there are users from all over the world, I would say a majority of people I encounter on this site are from the US. Take this thread for example, 7 unique users have posted, including me, and 100% are from the US. You could take a statistical approach on most of these threads and you are likely to get at least 80-85% US responses, based on the location information they have entered.

I don't quite understand what you are trying to get at. Are you saying that the Deus is not a worthy detector for the price? Bart @ BBH recommends the Deus, and I find him to be a straight shooter. Andy Sabisch is widely respected and swings a Deus, and even wrote a book on it.

The Deus has only recently been available to the US market, and even with revolutionary tech it has, it will take some time for it to be more common, especially because of the upper tier pricing. Many people have brand loyalty to those companies who have been in the industry for a long time.

Last edited:

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
T net is world wide not just in the US you talked as if the only ones posted on T net was from the US ..Not true ones from countries all over the world post here ...

I never said that Tnet was strictly American. I never mentioned Tnet, actually. Perhaps that's why I got confused. When I mentioned Deus users, I was talking about worldwide, not on Tnet.

While Tnet is a forum that I enjoy, it is only one part of a community that makes up one very small part of the internet. When one looks at the Deus blogs, the Deus forums, the Deus videos on Youtube, etc., one tends to quickly get the impression that the overwhelming majority of its users are Europeans. This may or may not be the case on Tnet, but I'd say that it's certainly the case everywhere else.

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't post my finds anymore but my Minelab Sovereign has been collecting dust since I got the Deus.

mark v

Mar 10, 2006
S.W. Pa.
Detector(s) used
Deus, CTX
I don't post my finds anymore but my Minelab Sovereign has been collecting dust since I got the Deus.

My E-Trac's been collecting dust since I got a Deus. I'm thinking about selling the E-Trac. I took my E-Trac out once this year and it now feels bulky and like it weighs a ton.
I have found more good stuff so far this year since I bought my Deus than I've found in any other year. I don't really think the Deus is magically making nice finds pop out of the ground, the Deus is just so nice to use I'm detecting more.

sleepyjim

Jun 8, 2013
Reno Ish Nevada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't really think the Deus is magically making nice finds pop out of the ground, the Deus is just so nice to use I'm detecting more.

WHAT????

Next your gonna tell me there is no Santa................

LOL

Jim

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
My E-Trac's been collecting dust since I got a Deus. I'm thinking about selling the E-Trac. I took my E-Trac out once this year and it now feels bulky and like it weighs a ton.
I have found more good stuff so far this year since I bought my Deus than I've found in any other year. I don't really think the Deus is magically making nice finds pop out of the ground, the Deus is just so nice to use I'm detecting more.

I'm having a very similar experience.

Another thing that I'm noticing is that because the Deus is significantly faster, I'm covering much more ground. Because I'm covering so much more ground, I'm far more inclined to dig iffy signals. My trash-to-keeper ratio has become slightly worse as a result, but I'm ending the day with a much heavier "keepers" bag, and some of those things are targets that I simply would have passed up with the E-Trac. The E-Trac seems to reward a slow, methodical cherry picking hunting style by design, but I've found that I'd rather dig more holes if it results in more rewards, even if I have to dig up some can slaw to get at it.

It's also very, very nice to be able to read my screen without turning around in circles or waving the detector around trying to get that perfect angle.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I never said that Tnet was strictly American. I never mentioned Tnet, actually. Perhaps that's why I got confused. When I mentioned Deus users, I was talking about worldwide, not on Tnet.

While Tnet is a forum that I enjoy, it is only one part of a community that makes up one very small part of the internet. When one looks at the Deus blogs, the Deus forums, the Deus videos on Youtube, etc., one tends to quickly get the impression that the overwhelming majority of its users are Europeans. This may or may not be the case on Tnet, but I'd say that it's certainly the case everywhere else.
Were even you mistook what i meant and i mistook what you meant… So the Deus is that good .Being light weight and fast is not what Minelab is…. Could be that Deus will out sell Minelab ….. But right now it looks like Garrett's AT Pro is out selling them all .. Even with those horrible coil and headphone connections...

Last edited:

sleepyjim

Jun 8, 2013
Reno Ish Nevada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Were even you mistook what i meant and i mistook what you meant… So the Deus is that good .Being light weight and fast is not what Minelab is…. Could be that Deus will out sell Minelab ….. But right now it looks like Garrett's AT Pro is out selling them all .. Even with those horrible coil and headphone connections...

Loved my AT Pro, in fact I almost did not sell it and was gonna keep it for a back up to my Deus........

Jim

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used

Say again.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

we will see 10 years from now how an "At not so pro"user will fill...
and do you have numbers to back that statement up "keppy"
were did Garret get there vdi from
all walk behind any "At not so pro" with my 5900di pro and smoke it in depth
tone audio roller over what a fancy name for iron grunt...

liftloop

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been doing pretty good with the Deus the last few hunts. I am experimenting with the settings, trying to find what works for me, but mostly trying to get used to the Deus. I have found 4 silver dimes and 3 Indian head cents and bunches of Wheat pennies. I haven't been wanting to post my finds lately, because I feel that it is bragging a bit and I just rather keep some of my finds to myself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread