Wheat Wars 3 Tanner vs Dad + big silver score

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Trying to catch up on posts that I could not make when the site was down, so I will combine two posts in one. We went to our cabin in Northern MI for Thanksgiving. I brought along 4 boxes of pennies. Tanner won the war again, with 24 wheats (oldest 1925), five dimes and an Australian penny. I came away with 20 wheats two of still bright red. The day we were headed home I went into town (population 700) to get gas and dump our garbage. I went to the local bank and asked for halves. The teller said, "How Much?" I said I we would take $500. She brought out a big plastic bag with a lead seal. She dumped out the bag to check the amount. I could see some enders so things looked good. In the car Tanner opened two rolls and found 3 40%. Back at our cabin I let Tanner search the bag he ended up with 40 40%, 2 Kennedy 90% and a 1917 Walking Liberty :icon_thumleft:. Big smile on Tanners face now. (he is only 10) Before he was finished with the bag I was on my way back to the bank for more. I asked the same teller for another $500. She went back to the vault and brought a box of halves. She said there are from the fed. I said," Do you have any more of those bags?" She said, "Nope." The box was a skunk. I think this bank rolls there own, the first batch the rolls were crimped on both ends like the feds but stamped with their banks name on them. We were leaving the cabin that day and Tanner left 3 rolls unopened. I found 3 more 40% in those so we ended up with 43 40%.
Next time we head to the cabin we will be asking for those plastic bags with the lead seal.

Gordon and Tanner

Attachments

• IMG_1184.JPG
    IMG_1184.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_1179.JPG
    IMG_1179.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 235
Upvote 0

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
great score on the silver and wheats...and thats a lot of dimes found in penny rolls!!! i only get a dime probably every 5 or more boxes!!! gr8 score!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread