JimBeHuntin'

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2007
Down East North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (As of 10/2011)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
some other goodies from yesterday's hunt of an old house site. The old house still stands in the middle of a large field recently planted in wheat. I had to hike in about 1/2 a mile but it was a perfect afternoon for a hunt. This site has been hunted hard by myself and other local detectorists but it still gives up a goody once in a while. This time I hunted about 2 hours and found 3 wheats (all in bad shape), what appears to be a play coin made of aluminum? ... its is worn almost slick but can still see a star or two on each side and a M or W depending on which way you hold it, also found a small rectangular object with some type of design on it (almost like a butterfly), and a couple of other relics. I also put some pottery shards from recent hunts in the photo just to show them ... just found them lieing on top in the plowed fields or on the sandy shore of Albemarle Sound. Anyway, thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Dec12th07.jpg
    Dec12th07.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 398
  • Dec12th072.jpg
    Dec12th072.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 401
  • Dec12th073.jpg
    Dec12th073.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 362
  • Dec12th074.jpg
    Dec12th074.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 359
Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on those finds, Jim~! :)

Thomas007

Aug 29, 2007
Glouster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Jim

glad that the weather is good for hunting in North Carolina

Here in Ohio it is wet and soon to be snowy.

Pottery shards are a good indicator of potential.

Good Luck and thanks for posting

HH

Sanat

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JimBeHuntin' said:
some other goodies from yesterday's hunt of an old house site. The old house still stands in the middle of a large field recently planted in wheat. I had to hike in about 1/2 a mile but it was a perfect afternoon for a hunt. This site has been hunted hard by myself and other local detectorists but it still gives up a goody once in a while. This time I hunted about 2 hours and found 3 wheats (all in bad shape), what appears to be a play coin made of aluminum? ... its is worn almost slick but can still see a star or two on each side and a M or W depending on which way you hold it, also found a small rectangular object with some type of design on it (almost like a butterfly), and a couple of other relics. I also put some pottery shards from recent hunts in the photo just to show them ... just found them lieing on top in the plowed fields or on the sandy shore of Albemarle Sound. Anyway, thanks for looking.

Nice digs Jim. If there are wheaties...then therer's silver hidin' somewhere.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread