when pitbulls attack

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yesterday was 1 of my worst days with all the family together. The wife, daughter the boyfriend and i went up in the mountains to meet other daughter and friends. They wanted to take Gringo our dog but i had second thoughts cause another dog was up there. We arrived at the campgrounds only to be challenged by a very large boxer. I dont scare easy and just ignored him but Gringo our pit kept growling at him. After about an hour my daughter made a big of throwing wood for the boxer. The boxer leaped up on her and we guess Gringo thought the boxer was going to harm her and he attacked the other dog. Time stood still as we tried to seperate them then screaming. The boxer had my daughters hand in his mouth with blood flying everywhere. I reached for my knife to plunge it in his eye and i heard step back. One of the guys hit the boxer in the head with a shovel and he let go. At this time gringo released and was going for the neck when i grabbed him and pulled him back. I rushed my daughter down to the nearest hospital and shes ok but wat scared me was 6 of us could not stop it.

Attachments

• high 001.jpg
    high 001.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 497

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
That is some horror story. Hope your daughter is OK (physically and physiologically) .

Good thing there was a shovel handy to wack the boxer with. Scarey how something as innocent as playing with a dog can turn into something so horrific, in seconds.

All the best to you and your family.

Ray S ECenFL

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ray S ECenFL said:
That is some horror story. Hope your daughter is OK (physically and physiologically) .

Good thing there was a shovel handy to wack the boxer with. Scarey how something as innocent as playing with a dog can turn into something so horrific, in seconds.

All the best to you and your family.

Ray S ECenFL
thanks and ya know what my girl didnt even cry

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
So often it is pitbulls that attack out of no where, sometimes a another dog, sometimes a child.

The owner then gives a fake name/number and leaves.

This is why it's such a good idea to carry a knife, like you had, that can be opened fast so you can plunge it repeatedly into the attacking dog's throat.
Often when pitbulls get into that 'psycho kill' mode, even bashing them over the head or bear spray may not have an effect.

Glad to see that for once the pitbull wasn't the attacker. I still don't trust them though. I'm more of a Golden Retriever fan.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Umm..why is the bulldog getting the blame here?
" After about an hour my daughter made a big of throwing wood for the boxer. The boxer leaped up on her and we guess Gringo thought the boxer was going to harm her and he attacked the other dog."

If you have a pitbull unleashed in the open - there's a huge risk
If you have a pitbull unleashed near a strange dog - There's a bigger risk
If you have a pitbull unleashed near children - there's a massive risk
If you have a pitbull unleashed in all these situations - you're an idiot!

Sorry,but that's my view. Too many children and other dogs have been killed or torn to pieces around the world by or because of them for them to be defended!
A case in the UK where a pitbull and a child grew up together for 4 years,loved each other,the 4 year old would ride on it's back,kiss it,and sleep together on the floor. One day they both went to pick up the same toy....pitbull ripped the kid to pieces and killed him. The grandmother doing the babysitting was powerless to stop it!

Anyone with a pitbull may as well walk around with a grenade in their pocket with the pin hanging out!
You showed a severe lack of judgement friend,you and your daughter were lucky and i'm glad about that,but don't blame a dog that's known for being playful and excitable,for getting ..playful and excited! Your dog was able to launch the attack,and that's down to you and yours.

If this offends then that's how it goes. :dontknow:

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
AA,
I'm glad your daughter is okay. I think your are right, when you said Gringo thought the boxer was attacking your daughter. Gringo was just defending his family. I have seen nasty pit bulls and pit bulls that were very nice and playful...just the way they were raised from puppies.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am glad that none were too seriously injured, but I also have to agree with Dano. Why weren't either of these potentially dangerous dogs on leashes, especially when in public. There are leash laws for a reason.

§ 31601. Legislative declarations and findings

The Legislature finds and declares all of the following:

(a) Potentially dangerous and vicious dogs have become a serious and widespread threat to the safety and welfare of citizens of this state. In recent years, they have assaulted without provocation and seriously injured numerous individuals, particularly children, and have killed numerous dogs. Many of these attacks have occurred in public places.

(b) The number and severity of these attacks are attributable to the failure of owners to register, confine, and properly control vicious and potentially dangerous dogs.

(c) The necessity for the regulation and control of vicious and potentially dangerous dogs is a statewide problem, requiring statewide regulation, and existing laws are inadequate to deal with the threat to public health and safety posed by vicious and potentially dangerous dogs.

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dano Sverige said:
Umm..why is the bulldog getting the blame here?
" After about an hour my daughter made a big of throwing wood for the boxer. The boxer leaped up on her and we guess Gringo thought the boxer was going to harm her and he attacked the other dog."

If you have a pitbull unleashed in the open - there's a huge risk
If you have a pitbull unleashed near a strange dog - There's a bigger risk
If you have a pitbull unleashed near children - there's a massive risk
If you have a pitbull unleashed in all these situations - you're an idiot!

Sorry,but that's my view. Too many children and other dogs have been killed or torn to pieces around the world by or because of them for them to be defended!
A case in the UK where a pitbull and a child grew up together for 4 years,loved each other,the 4 year old would ride on it's back,kiss it,and sleep together on the floor. One day they both went to pick up the same toy....pitbull ripped the kid to pieces and killed him. The grandmother doing the babysitting was powerless to stop it!

Anyone with a pitbull may as well walk around with a grenade in their pocket with the pin hanging out!
You showed a severe lack of judgement friend,you and your daughter were lucky and i'm glad about that,but don't blame a dog that's known for being playful and excitable,for getting ..playful and excited! Your dog was able to launch the attack,and that's down to you and yours.

If this offends then that's how it goes. :dontknow:
not offended thanks yur right owners are responsible for dogs. I had to kill a German Shepard once because he charged me .

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i forgot this dog plays well with other dogs and was raised by a cat

Attachments

• 2 011.jpg
    2 011.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 729
OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neogeo said:
Great looking dog...
Here is our lil girl Calypso.
IMG_1118.jpg

She also has a new pack mate.A 12 year old toy fox terrier.
IMG_1114.jpg
:thumbsup:

Neogeo

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2009
Austin T.X.
She is Pit bull & Sharpei mix.She is great with other folks,&pets.Cats and such...But loves to chase smaller critters..Anoles,birds and such..But just chase,she is not sure of what to do when she gets closer..lol

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in fear that my dog Digsy will go berserk some day and attack. I can tell by the look in her eye that she is a natural killer. It's no fun living in fear all the time. Monty

Attachments

• DSC00201.jpg
    DSC00201.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 1,138

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Warsaw Daddy and I got our dogs about the same time and we both named them Dixie. I compromised with WD when my ferocious animal dug up a toy car I had found with my ACE 250, so I renamed her Digsy. She doesn't know the difference I don't think even though she is pretty smart for a mutt. She can shake, roll over, sit, lay down, speak, kennel , turn around, fetch, dance on her hind legs, fetch, speak two different dog dialects and let me know when someone is on the front porch or yard. But she has a taste for dirty kleenex and mechanical pencils. She will sneak the aforementioned stuff and chew it to bits but only if you aren't watching! She will growl, bark and act mean if I tell her to KILL! She has killed at least one June bug on command that I know of. A rare beast to say the least! Monty

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Your story brought back some bad memories of when I was attacked by a pit bull and had to literally belly crawl through a creek and woods for a half mile to get help. I could not walk for several weeks without assistance.
I abhor pit bulls! They have no place in civilized society. I don't care how many of you tell me that it's all about training and upbringing. It will fall on deaf ears. Pit bulls are bred for one purpose and it's not to fetch your slippers.

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
I have 2 dogs and one is a boxer (she's still alive despite the aggressive form of cancer she has), her name is Billie. My other dog is we got before he was euthanized, his name is Stosh (Stanley in Polish).

This is my 3rd boxer and I've NEVER known a boxer to attack, unprovoked, ever.

Attachments

• 10116_1243272996100_1057590214_758231_4496640_n.jpg
    10116_1243272996100_1057590214_758231_4496640_n.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 440
  • 19545_1328614409582_1057590214_989405_4836285_n.jpg
    19545_1328614409582_1057590214_989405_4836285_n.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 277

pjroo33

Oct 28, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never heard of a Boxer attacking unprovoked. They are considered one of the most docile breeds and are very non-aggressive. Sorry to hear about the incident.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread