Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maxx hit a hard solid 55 never wavering at 5”. I’m loving it, first time really using it and hit the gold. It’s been awhile since I hit gold. Coincidence? Maybe maybe not but while y’all are dogging the Maxx because you changed your mind because of the Equinox, I’ll be enjoying the gold and might get the Equinox too when it comes out in another year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk IMG_1125.JPG

Zip Zip

Dec 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Mine ran out after 4 hours, I thought the battery went dead, But now that I think about it the red light was still on and now I just read about this pairing issue I bet that was it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out of the box, I turned on the phones and the red light was flashing (which mead you have 3 hours left before recharging) So I used a typical "I phone" converter block (110v male to USB female) I plugged the cord into the phones and then into the charge block and plugged it in to 110v socket. 5 Hours later the phones were fully charged and ready to go. As for how long the run time is? I do not know. Wife and I are senior citizens and 3 hours is a long day for these old bones digging up targets. All I can say is for someone more energetic use them until they go dead and let us all know how long you got them to function. Oh, when the red light goes out, it is fully charged. :)

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Out of the box, I turned on the phones and the red light was flashing (which mead you have 3 hours left before recharging) So I used a typical "I phone" converter block (110v male to USB female) I plugged the cord into the phones and then into the charge block and plugged it in to 110v socket. 5 Hours later the phones were fully charged and ready to go. As for how long the run time is? I do not know. Wife and I are senior citizens and 3 hours is a long day for these old bones digging up targets. All I can say is for someone more energetic use them until they go dead and let us all know how long you got them to function. Oh, when the red light goes out, it is fully charged. :)

I just put four new batteries in and I’m swinging right now. I’ll put in in about seven hours today I’ll let you know. Here’s a question do you believe at half battery life you should change your batteries because you think it may be getting weaker with depth? Often wonder if I should at least wait until one more notche left then change them.

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, with stock coil
AT PRO Pointer, NEL Storm coil, Garrett 5 X 8 coil, 9 X 12 Garrett concentric coil, Nel 6.5 x 9 coil for the Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Truth`s Quote
Here’s a question do you believe at half battery life you should change your batteries because you think it may be getting weaker with depth? Often wonder if I should at least wait until one more notche left then change them.

No all machines has internal electronics to regulate the power of the batterys.

Last edited:

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, with stock coil
AT PRO Pointer, NEL Storm coil, Garrett 5 X 8 coil, 9 X 12 Garrett concentric coil, Nel 6.5 x 9 coil for the Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have ran my detector down to last bar and continued to hunt until unit turns off. I have been thanking of getting a spare batter so that I can change and continue to hunt but the times that I have done this I was ready to go home anyway. I do keep spare alkaline with me in case I did decided to pop those in and keep hunting. Have found no difference in full bars are one bar left with the RNB

KYBourbon

May 24, 2009
White House, TN
Detector(s) used
MXT, F2, F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would assume maybe some folks on here follow Aquachigger on YouTube. He has been using his AT Max in freshwater in most of his recent videos and also reviews his production model and mentions what's different on it versus the preproduction unit he initially had. Also gives his thoughts on it versus his ATPro. I'd suggest giving his recent videos a look if you havent.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Truth`s Quote
Here’s a question do you believe at half battery life you should change your batteries because you think it may be getting weaker with depth? Often wonder if I should at least wait until one more notche left then change them.

Thanks I always wondered that

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would assume maybe some folks on here follow Aquachigger on YouTube. He has been using his AT Max in freshwater in most of his recent videos and also reviews his production model and mentions what's different on it versus the preproduction unit he initially had. Also gives his thoughts on it versus his ATPro. I'd suggest giving his recent videos a look if you havent.

Hoover Boys has it too.

hunting deer

Jul 21, 2010
Indiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truth`s Quote

I know they said the at pro was fully functional until all the battery was gone. Would wonder why the max would be any different. I ordered my max from metal detector.com on July 25. I called them last week and they said they were working on June orders. Getting close! I've been following you guys daily for user updates till I get mine.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Sheppie22 & Hal2k

IMHO: The RNB battery packs for Garrett, Minelab and Whites products are second to none. This comes from testing them in the field (in my artifact recovery business) under real conditions. I also tested them in my lab under more controlled conditions...great value in my mind.

Doc

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hal2k,

Alkaline batteries tend to supply a dropping voltage with time (think of a graph that decays slowly downward), where Li-ion tend to maintain a constant voltage until a certain time (think of a graph that decays sharply...looks similar to a "knee"), then drops off very quickly. In a nut shell, alkaline maintain a longer length of bar time (between bar changes). The Li-ion tend to drop faster between successive bars faster and from one-to-none very fast.

Regards,

Doc

Zip Zip

Dec 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I posted bad info. The flashing red light (right one) is the headphones searching for a connection (paired) , Sorry

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have to admit guys I am loving my Maxx. It’s a mid tone monster I will say that. Tones are sharp and crisp and it works for me better than my ATP and my F75 LTD as far as recognizing solid targets.

OP
OP
vferrari

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to admit guys I am loving my Maxx. It’s a mid tone monster I will say that. Tones are sharp and crisp and it works for me better than my ATP and my F75 LTD as far as recognizing solid targets.

Mid tone monster means it is hitting nickels well but not silver?

stefs

Nov 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
with this Detector i get DURACELL OEM 1.5 LR6 AA battery.
Is this ok?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread