maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not a veteran of the site, but school is starting back up next week ( son is going into 4th grade) I also have a 2 and a half yr old daughter, and my business is at its peak right now so, I'm probably going to post my finds at the end of each week now for awhile till I'm used to the school schedual and homework that is getting ready to take up alot of time now for a while. Anyone who wants to pm me to say hey or ask anything feel free to, I'll still be checking in on the site everyday for a few minutes. HH, Maverick.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to know that to????

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
My doctor said I hit critical mass 20 pounds ago. Where I live it has been over 100 degrees for 25 days. Tough for an old man to schlep coins around in this weather. The old timers are still lurking waiting to pounce. JP

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
Once a few good ones started leaving, everyone did. No one wants to read about glitter paint, or fight about Tim marking coins, no one wants to hear that they are going to ruin the hobby or how selfish they are. I know some older people also wanted to stop drawing attention to their area, since we dont need MORE competition.
N8

jarlbartar

Jan 3, 2012
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have not been here too long, but I feel like a veteran with all of the new users here. Still here, still hunting more than ever. Just don't post finds on here, not going to add fuel to the fire and convince more people to start CRH. Most of the posts on here nowadays are just retreads of older ones, over and over again.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have not been here too long, but I feel like a veteran with all of the new users here. Still here, still hunting more than ever. Just don't post finds on here, not going to add fuel to the fire and convince more people to start CRH. Most of the posts on here nowadays are just retreads of older ones, over and over again.

Yep, since competition is hot, no one posts finds, which is all most of us want to look at. That would be fine if there were more creative thread ideas, but honestly, and no offense to anyone in particular, I really do see the same stuff over and over. Which is fine, the important thing is the you guys enjoy posting and reading each others posts. But for someone who's been reading this site for quite some time, I gain very few new ideas or concepts.

For example, notice how many of the posts are questions. Once again, if you want to ask a question fine. But when everything is a question by a new person, and all the veterans are gone that used to give CRH wisdom, what do I have to gain? I now force myself, everytime I look up Tnet in a OCD manner, to instead google a compound on the periodic table and briefly read it's description and properties. Life is about growth

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, since competition is hot, no one posts finds, which is all most of us want to look at. That would be fine if there were more creative thread ideas, but honestly, and no offense to anyone in particular, I really do see the same stuff over and over. Which is fine, the important thing is the you guys enjoy posting and reading each others posts. But for someone who's been reading this site for quite some time, I gain very few new ideas or concepts.

For example, notice how many of the posts are questions. Once again, if you want to ask a question fine. But when everything is a question by a new person, and all the veterans are gone that used to give CRH wisdom, what do I have to gain? I now force myself, everytime I look up Tnet in a OCD manner, to instead google a compound on the periodic table and briefly read it's description and properties. Life is about growth

The biggest issue is that NOBODY wants to read the rules of CRH that is pinned to the front of this forum. Every single question that has been asked in the past few months could have been answered
if they only would have taken the time to read the post. The post has lots of information gleamed from years of CRH and is intended as a primer for CRH.
It just gets tiresome seeing the same old posts over and over. Seems there is a new "Key" word being tossed around, "Silvers", they are coins that are made of silver. There are no pennies or penny,
they are Cents or Cent.
It seems to me that the professionalism that was exhibited by the "Veterans" is no longer here. And I do agree with you, AG is on the periodic table for Silver and AU is for Gold.

And YES, I am a Veteran.

Last edited:

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
to me, it's not the newbie questions, (which I don't read as often as I used to, or respond to as often as I used to) but the bickering. It's the "hood" langauge used in posts and replies, meaning both where you can't even understand the words spoken AND the attitude is of anger. It is the disrespect given by many of the newer people (and one who flat out said "Go away old timers. this is OUR board now"). The board is no longer a place for friendly chatter, even with varying opinions, but for people to rip each other apart, to act rude, and to argue.

I don't say all this to incite more angry replies (even though I unfortunately expect it will.) I say it with sadness. Because I lost a place I used to enjoy. I lost a spot to talk about one of my favorite hobbies. I lost a community, to me, and gained just another spot for insults and gutter chatter. That's why THIS veteran doesn't post much any more. And I KNOW that is why other veterans don't post much any more, as I TALK to them.

Yep, I still talk to some of the verterans like myself. Through the phone, through emails, through IMs. And we encourage each other, we trade P coins from the east for D coins out west. We still communicate. But here? Seems every time an opinion or a find without a picture is posted, someone has something negative to say about it. I think THAT is the reason so many veterans don't post. Opinions are meant to be CRUSHED now, if you disagree with that opinion. It used to be - and i'm talking even up to only about a year ago - that they were disagreed with but with more respect for the person having that opinion.

My reason for not posting and helping with Ryedale advice and othe topics like I used to.

Dixiegal

Jul 8, 2012
GA
Detector(s) used
White 808, White Sierra Made, pulse induction, LRL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
We were doing this a couple of years ago. My fiancee' started buying a couple of boxes of halves at a time. One day he got $900 worth of silver from one box so I started doing it also. We had good luck for awhile but then everyone caught on to it and the last box of halves I went through I only got about $55 so it just was not worth it anymore to have to re-roll and then find a dump bank etc. so we quit. I have a feeling a lot of other folks have done the same.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We were doing this a couple of years ago. My fiancee' started buying a couple of boxes of halves at a time. One day he got $900 worth of silver from one box so I started doing it also. We had good luck for awhile but then everyone caught on to it and the last box of halves I went through I only got about $55 so it just was not worth it anymore to have to re-roll and then find a dump bank etc. so we quit. I have a feeling a lot of other folks have done the same.

In all reality, once the hunt has started the true hunter keeps on hunting.....
Some of the people that I do know from this board hunt five days a week, they just stopped posting.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The last box yielded $55.00 dollars in Silver value. That is a pretty decent haul nowadays, if you upped your order by 1 box, that is $110.00 a week or $5,720 a year.
Seems pretty good do me.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fyi to whom it may concern this board belongs to TreasureNet..Our rules will be enforced here as well.

All members welcome new and old, any that try to take over board and run any members off will find out TN owns the forums.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread