Where are you from?

where are u from

• Total voters

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ronandann said:
Ummmm...well....where do I start????

Born at Ft Bragg, NC...raised in Fayetteville, NC...parents born and raised NYC...moved to NYC when I was 15....stayed till HS Grad....joined the Navy and well, lived so many places. Now I call home....Va Beach, VA (since 1978).....thinking of relocating to the hills of VA :).

AAAAAHHH! Memories! I lived on Hoke Loop Rd. when I was stationed at Ft. Bragg. Some of the area between Fayetteville and Raleigh was some of the nicest I have seen. Have no idea what it looks like now, but it used to be beautiful.

Best,

Mike

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
gollum said:
ronandann said:

Born at Ft Bragg, NC...raised in Fayetteville, NC...parents born and raised NYC...moved to NYC when I was 15....stayed till HS Grad....joined the Navy and well, lived so many places. Now I call home....Va Beach, VA (since 1978).....thinking of relocating to the hills of VA :).

AAAAAHHH! Memories! I lived on Hoke Loop Rd. when I was stationed at Ft. Bragg. Some of the area between Fayetteville and Raleigh was some of the nicest I have seen. Have no idea what it looks like now, but it used to be beautiful.

Best,

Mike

My father ran the mess hall...and was the bestest cook in the whole Army!!!!! (cause I said so!!!). We lived on base on Sharp Dr...I attended Holbrook Elem, across the street from the old PX. Last I was there, 2000, all they had over there was like a mini mart, laundromat and some other stuff...the commissary and px were gone.

Out in town, my parents bought a home in Lafayette Village, off of Hope Mills Rd. It was near J.W. Coon Elem, another school of mine, as well as Lewis Chapel, Anne Chesnutt and 71st High. We moved to NYC the year BIRD HIGH opened up, that is the school I would have attended had we stayed there.

I heard that Hope Mills Lake is all dried up.

I was born in the ol' Womack Army Hosp back in $)%*....(dang keyboard, hates revealing it's real age). Dad use to take us to Pope AFB to watch the planes take off and land. We use to pick plums at Bragg and on Saturdays, go watch the Paratroopers jump, everyone use to go....it was always crowded!!

My father was to be a paratrooper...but due to his eyes, he had to be let out of Jump School...so he became a cook and that is why Saturdays we watched everyone else jump out of a perfectly good airplane!!! LMAO

HH..........Ann

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
northeast for me. wilmington delaware. about 25 miles south of philadelphia.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ronandann said:
gollum said:
ronandann said:

Best,

Mike

My father ran the mess hall...and was the bestest cook in the whole Army!!!!! (cause I said so!!!). We lived on base on Sharp Dr...I attended Holbrook Elem, across the street from the old PX. Last I was there, 2000, all they had over there was like a mini mart, laundromat and some other stuff...the commissary and px were gone.

Out in town, my parents bought a home in Lafayette Village, off of Hope Mills Rd. It was near J.W. Coon Elem, another school of mine, as well as Lewis Chapel, Anne Chesnutt and 71st High. We moved to NYC the year BIRD HIGH opened up, that is the school I would have attended had we stayed there.

I heard that Hope Mills Lake is all dried up.

I was born in the ol' Womack Army Hosp back in $)%*....(dang keyboard, hates revealing it's real age). Dad use to take us to Pope AFB to watch the planes take off and land. We use to pick plums at Bragg and on Saturdays, go watch the Paratroopers jump, everyone use to go....it was always crowded!!

My father was to be a paratrooper...but due to his eyes, he had to be let out of Jump School...so he became a cook and that is why Saturdays we watched everyone else jump out of a perfectly good airplane!!! LMAO

HH..........Ann

I was there in the late eighties through about 1991. I transferred to the 82nd Abn Div from the 3rd Ranger Bn at Ft. Benning, Ga. My unit was working the ROTC Day when the C130 was trying to LAPES (Low Altitude Parachute Extraction System) a tank. and crashed. If it weren't for the heroism of the pilot pulling the controls to the left, he would have taken out about 1500 High School ROTC Cadets. As it was, most of the aircrew died, a few bystanders were killed, and the Sgt. Major's Driver (Who was standing on the hood of his HUMVEE) was decapitated.

The ONE thing I absolutely hated about that whole area was in the Spring, when the pine trees shed their pollen, and EVERYTHING gets covered in yellow dust. Have to hose off the car and house every day.

Best,

Mike

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am from South Africa ;D

God bless