Where are you from?

where are u from

• Total voters
D

DC IN SHOW ME

Jamie said:
i am from MA

Just want to see where everyone is from to get an idea where people are findng their items

W

Wanabee

SouthWest Arkansas, 30 miles East of Texarkana. Little town called Hope

balou

Greenie
Feb 4, 2005
hey guys i'm from a smal town in northern eastern ontario canada...

about 2 hours from shania twain's home town of timmins

jimmyokla

Dec 19, 2004
Bartlesville,Oklahoma? ::)? ? 50 miles north of Tulsa, 16 miles south of the Kansas/Oklahome line

PJB (Ohio)

Jan 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live in the circled area. Of course, now it's called "Columbus, Ohio" but who really knows what it'll be called in another 200 years?

By the way, I've been asked a few times where I obtained this map.

Most of the best old maps come from the Library of Congress' American Memory Map Collections.
You can find it at http://lcweb2.loc.gov/ammem/gmdhtml/gmdhome.html

You can view the maps online with their special viewer that allows you to zoom in and pan around the map, but the best way to view the (by far) is to download the maps themselves, and use the MrSID viewer application http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/help/download_sid.html to view them. It's much faster and you'll be able to export certain sections of the maps.

Most of the maps they have are very large and detailed. The particular map I used below is the Hutchins' Topographical Description (1778) [5044000] and it is probably 45" x 35" in size if you could actually print it, which means the level of detail is astounding. With the MrSID viewer, you can view the whole thing or zoom into very small places.

Let me know if you have any trouble finding what you need or have questions.

Attachments

• home.jpg
    home.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 822
B

Broncox Vernon BC

Vernon, B.C. Canada
About 5 hrs. North of Vancouver (Okanagan Valley)

A

amxgerry

prince george bc canada and in the summer near barkerville.

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Northwest............ INDIANA...............................................................HOOSIERVILLE...................................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread