Where can I find park rules?

jadeblackhawk

May 27, 2006
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the rules for the city parks here in Jackson? I have copies of Jackson County and the State Parks for metal detecting, but I can't find any for the city parks? Do they even have any specifically pertaining to metal detecting? I looked around the City of Jackson's website, but all I can find is links to things like the Ella Sharp golf course and Nixon water park.

Thanks!!

seatedhalf

Dec 28, 2007
Parma MI
Detector(s) used
M6 and DFX and now a E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My brother works for the county parks and there are no rules against it for them or for the city that we have been told of. I have never had a problem at any parks here in Jax county Jade

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep, Jackson co. parks has a list of rules for detecting, including obtaining permission from the parks director, which I've done in the past. They want to know specifically which parks you will be hunting. You can not remove anything with historical value w/o permission, including antiquities.
I have talked to those in charge of the city parks, and gained permission verbally. They did not specify rules, (except for filling in holes of course).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread