Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Having a hard time finding something old and cool?

Get a good detector, learn it well, and hunt any place you can find that was (or is) used for play.

Remember back in the old days most kids played in vacant lots (some may still be vacant) and alley ways.

If you detect where kids of the past played you can find most anything because children just love to get a gift outside into the dirt.

Before the age of 8, the child's brain isn't fully developed and some children in the 5 year old range can set something down and totally forget where they placed it. They can be within a few feet of the item and not even see it.

Back years ago many "old timers" had old coins and tokens stashed away in jars, etc., and these old folks loved to hand these out to visiting grandchildren. One of the favorites was the silver dollar. Sometimes it could be a gold piece, pocket watch, old jewelry, and just about anything.

Ever notice that when you find a hot spot you also find spoons? These spoons were once shovels used by children to make forts, etc. Sometimes they were taken without mom's permission (silver spoons).

Find a place where children play (played) and you could find an old large cent, antique jewelry piece, or maybe even a gold coin.

HH

Badger

Upvote 0

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Mich Bad,

"Before the age of 8, the child's brain isn't fully developed and some children in the 5 year old range can set something down and totally forget where they placed it. They can be within a few feet of the item and not even see it."

I know the feeling ;) :P :-\

have a good un........
SHERMANVILLE

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
I have started a second childhood I guess because oftentimes I set things down and totally forget where I put them! ;)

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the good info Badger---Now I got some thinkun to do.

Glenns5900

Dec 14, 2005
Longmont, CO USA
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro (not SL) Old, but still good
Do you believe in the hereafter?

I do....

How many times have you gone to the kitchen and opened the refrigerator and said....

What am I here after ?????? ;D

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Even worse. I find myself doing the same thing standing in front of urinals.

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the advice......Geeeeezzzzzzzzz....I'm 5 again....nuffin like going back in time..lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread