Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got a few friends that have left here due to the format, and some due to the silly posts. I can get used to the format, but for some people that have been here for years it's changed too much and they can't handle it I guess.

Some people leave, some people start posting less and it snowballs into a place that's dying.

TreasureNet is not dying, some members left and will return, some left and may not return but new members sign up everyday, for a forum to die you have to have more people leaving than signing up, we certainly do not have that....

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureNet is not dying, some members left and will return, some left and may not return but new members sign up everyday, for a forum to die you have to have more people leaving than signing up, we certainly do not have that....

:laughing7: 30 new Members so far today & this is like this every day

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Am I drunk?? No, I am not. Are you an idiot who can't even comprehend his own post? You are the one who brought up the subject that people don't post as much because they are tired of posting on web forums because they are unproductive and I said they aren't because Arrowheadolgy is busier now than it has ever been since I joined two years ago. So it's not what you speculated.

You just have sour grapes because you were booted from there and it was basically beacuse of these types of posts and your attitude toward people.

As for the "rocks" comment, it wasn't projected towards you, but it is a common theme here and I know of a number of people who have stated they don't post here or visit here m much anymore for that reason.

sorry steve :occasion14:

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
but everyone was talking about this forum but yeah i was talking about forums in general so your bringing up arrowwhatever its called was in response to my talking about unspecified forums. Soooo.... we pals again or? wanna meet up for a hunt ? :dontknow:

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
and about folks leaving because of silly posts ...your gonna have that from time to time (most of the time if im around) and these "silly" posts really don't effect you in any way so why so serious about it , all you have to do is ignore or skim over or switch to another post and bickering if that was refering to me i don't bicker i just play around mostly with SVR I guess I should stop because he doesn't even lighten up and laugh along but this dont mean i don't like steve he seems like a good fella and i admire his collection and dedication. everyone just needs to lighten up.

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

That statistic may be true, but the post count has sure dropped. I know for a fact that long-time members have either left or about stopped posting. You can have a thousand new members sign up every day of the week, but if they aren't participating, what good is it?

Like I said, I can get used to the new format. It's just different, and how many times have we had to upgrade to a new version of "Windows" in the past 10 years or so? You have to adapt. But some people just do not like change, and all I hear from members here is WTH is up with T-net?

Jonzer

Feb 12, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Natural Eyeball Pressure
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont like the new format.
However, I am loyal to this site and the friends I have made here.
My fields just got the disc and the rains are coming.
Now would not be the time to leave. lol.

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
Forums change and evolve, go back to posts from a couple of years ago and the crowd and posters were different. That's not always a bad thing.

The season also has a lot to do with it, a lot of people are out there burning the candle at both ends before the crops get too high.

I post comments, but not too many pictures anymore. I was told that international things belonged in categories that no one visits. I don't mind a low number of comments, but it's a waste of time if no one even looks at a post.

findog

Greenie
Mar 24, 2009
Eastern Illinois
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm on here quite a bit to learn and see the cool things you guys find. I really appreciate you guys posting pics of your finds whether or not their banners. Just wish I could figure out how to post pics so I could share some things. Oh well, keep posting pics and stories.

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
I liked the old t-net better but am sticking with this new one. Where I've been the past two months is a massive dejunking of small overstuffed apartment! Handed over our shared detector to my son who lives nearby, & met up with him to detect only a few times due to dejunking job. Also, still haven't figured out how to get my photos up, so no avatar yet & no photo posts. I'm just as lame as this website, hee-he. But still I love to read & see what awl yawl find and I'm not quitting! Andi

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll tell you where some in here didn't go..........to school

Marbleguy

Nov 2, 2008
Well I think for those who can't post pics we continue excavating artifacts in silence,alone in remote places hidden from public view. Small things reminiscent of Howard Carter's question when King Tut's tomb was opened "What do you see?" and response "I see wonderful things". Worlds upon worlds once-existing as real as today with all that vibrancy. We who are doing this every day for years unable to tell others about it for fear of terrible retribution from the Establishment bath in such history. Wallow in it. We are time-tourists. Travellors. Inter-dimensionalists. There is no acknowledgement. No ticker-tape parades. All is done in total silence but for the occaisional chirping of birds or whispering winds in the background. And perhaps the sounds of small,metal implements working the soil.

tmodel

Feb 5, 2011
mid tn.
Jef!! and Treasure!! you are right i hope this site is not diying, sence Tnet is done dead i would hate to lose this site too. have they thought about what to name it i sure think they need to. Sohio!! yes i have lost a lot of my memorea and need spell check bad hope it never happants to ypu its bad enought having to reed your this type posts the you spell. Tmnodel

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
lol gotcha partner :icon_thumleft: im sure ima onmy waye '

tmodel

Feb 5, 2011
mid tn.
oh so sorrey Sohio!! i did not mean to upset you so bad that you forgot that you had went to school. Tmodel

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some people need to clean their pcs, site is not slow for me at all...... Also there is no problem posting pictures if members follow the steps given... The biggest mistake I have seen members making when having trouble posting pictures is they dont click the cursor into the text box before they try to upload, if the cursor isn't flashing in the text box you will not upload a picture....

Here is a link to a help thread for uploading pictures, just remember to click the cursor in the text box first before you try to upload...

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/help/289296-how-upload-attach-images-posts.html

Martingeetars

Dec 16, 2009
The south
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I visit this site to see whats found in other parts of the country, I'm in florida and what we have here is different then what's found in other states and for that reason I stay connected. I always enjoy the posts on here.....good, bad or indifferent, heck I just might "learnt somethin" ifn I dont watch out! Digging up the Past, And the present is a present, so don't count your artifacts count your blessings! Marbleguy you nailed it!........... Great way to put it!

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Some people need to clean their pcs, site is not slow for me at all...... Also there is no problem posting pictures if members follow the steps given... The biggest mistake I have seen members making when having trouble posting pictures is they dont click the cursor into the text box before they try to upload, if the cursor isn't flashing in the text box you will not upload a picture....

Here is a link to a help thread for uploading pictures, just remember to click the cursor in the text box first before you try to upload...

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/help/289296-how-upload-attach-images-posts.html

All of a sudden you think I need to clean my PC?! LOL. That's an admission of sorts that the new version is junking up my computer, others too......

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do you have trouble with speed and i have none, it is the same website?

I did not say TN is putting trash on your pc, it was simply a suggestion to see if it helps you, many dont know to clean their pc. I have mine set to clean spyware everyday at 3am, and i update it several times a week so it knows the latest spyware.

Some of the worst sites for spyware are the ones you
would not suspect, news programs, newspaper sites are some of the worst..

I navigate the site with my smart phone during the day (as in right now) it flies, if site was slow it would also be slow on my smart phone and l also see all the same things i see on my desk top too.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread