Where did the silver go????

Rosco Bookbinder

May 26, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250. Are there others?
In my last FIVE boxes of halves I have found ONE 64. I'm not sure what a 40% looks like any more. All of a sudden the bottom fell out. Good/great boxes every time then all of a sudden NOTHING..............It's not getting them and finding nothing. It's the getting rid of them to get the next one that is the pain. Next box, we will see..............

Upvote 0

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
When your dumps go back to the Fed- they go in mass (all at once) seems like. I had that here when I was dumping at several branches of one bank- all of a sudden there was many boxes of coins I seen before. I was going through a ton/ week though, since then I switched my dumping schedule (not as drastic as jewelerdave) and have begun to tone down some and situation is improving. I believe the college taking $3500 a week will eat a good bit of our dumps- some good boxes too no doubt but I feel the prospects of us lil guys getting some good boxes from down into the pallet are just gonna get better and better. I think whenever new boxes are made they are stacked on top of existing pallets so there is only so far we can get into them cause we have to dump for hunting money- I do anyways haha. HH Mark

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that mass fed dump must be true. I've been getting almost nothing as well. Of course my bank is now really flaky and I'm only getting boxes every 2-3 week.

Any other Georgians having the same problems?

We all need to either double up, or spend those halves in the community like JewlerDave suggests. Maybe we can convince UGA to fix its concessions to a $0.50 scale. ;)

Anyone know how quick Coinstar dumps back to the Fed? The no Fee CVS cards apparently can be converted to Cash Visa cards at the store. So I heard in another thread.

HH.

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome aboard the roller coaster. That's why they call it Coin Roll Hunting

Fruitbat

Sep 24, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Yeah, it's almost like they have stopped making coins out of silver. ;D

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
thurmownator said:
Welcome aboard the roller coaster. That's why they call it Coin Roll Hunting
You got it thurm. Read the other posts. There are still some great boxes getting posted. It just the ups and downs of CRH. Remember, you are going fishing, not catching.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions