Greencovesprings, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sandshark, bh jr.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Upvote 0
D

dugupfinds

In the ploughed fields of the UK. Beach stuff is too modern for me. :)

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
It'd be hard for me to put my best finds in any one particular spot.... Parks have produced well for me, so have mining areas, and swimming holes. Old houses in my neighborhood produce well, too. I know most have never been hit with a detector.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
L,

welcome to the board.

Not sure I consider the location as being
important, as far as being a "best find".

Enjoy the finds more, (best finds), when something comes up
that says your research paid off and your
in the spot you want to be, and finding things
that could be related with the research you did.

Even if it's only some scraps, a dump, or what have
you.

If your talking value, (gold, silver, and platinum), would
say parks or beach.

have a good un......................
SHERMANVILLE

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
any place with alot of history and where you put the time in.

Sandmaniac

Jan 23, 2007
Rehoboth Ma.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The name says it all. But I have access to great beach area. From the end of the Boston harbor all the way up the coast. New England has been home to some of the most dangerous shipping lanes in the world. Now if I were down south I would probably say the fields around where the CW battles were fought. So I think alot would have to do with your locality. I realize this is all obvious, just thought I'd throw in a thought or 2.
Mike

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
the only thing the places where i found my best stuff have in common, is that they were all old places where people used to gather years ago. places that i found through research, cellar holes, ruins,old schools and parks ( the key word here is "old"). they weren't always easy to find but the effort i put in to find them was worth it. research is the key! ;)

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oldest coin- 1796 colonial coin, front yard
Best jewelry- 1976 class ring, school yard
2ed best- gold wedding band, Myrtle beach
weirdest find- coffin handle, local park

Good Luck

HH
-GC

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My favorite spot has to be old farm properties. You never know what you are going to find.
-MM-

JimBeHuntin'

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2007
Down East North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (As of 10/2011)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like to research old farm house sites where the home no longer exists. In my area the sites are usually in plowed fields and easy to hunt if you can just locate them.

Aqualand

Greenie
Jan 24, 2007
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Tesoro
On the surface, whether it's a field, riverbank, beach, or the carpet in front of the elevator at work. I've lost count how many times I've found stuff in plain view, cash, jewlery, coins and artifacts. Yesterday it was an unfinished arrowhead on the riverbank, plain as day. I've found many early coppers on beach hunts following storms where I was just eyeballing the surface while running the machine. Some of my favorites: a 1830 half dollar on the beach that a couple in front of me had stepped on; a delicate, tiny, early 1700s Jesuit ring; and a nice 1756s holed Spanish two reale shining in the sun. When I started hunting, I put alot of energy into watching my coil to make sure I was swinging it right, staying close and level to the ground. Once I got that down, I realized that getting my zen at a particular site meant swinging but at the same time swiveling the heard and using the eyes.

G

garbage digger

Strangely enough my most valuable find (14k with ruby's and diamond) came from a junior high school, but id have to say the beach produces the most when I can find time to get out there.

Comanche Todd

Jan 24, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
flea markets ;)

the stuff you find at flea markets is usually in much better condition than stuff thats been buried for 50 years or more

I go flea market hunting every Sunday morning

go4gold

Tenderfoot
Feb 16, 2007
Northern-Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX-M6
I am new to this board & I should have my new detector this week. Thanks for all the replys on what to buy. I chose the Whites Matrix M6...... My best finds have been out of peoples trash. I have been a trash man for 17 years & you would never believe what I have found. Now I cant wait to see what I may find buried in the ground.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread