Where do you think the Lost Dutchman mine is?

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my opinion concerning Jacob Waltz "the Dutchman" and his gold mine.:coffee2:
A lot of people at the time knew that Jacob had gold in his possession,and I truly believe that upon his death bed he had honorable Intentions toward Julia Thomas. the only problem was she
was not there when the Dutchman died,so upon her returning she was given second hand information concerning the box of gold beneath the dutchmans bed ,and also the directions to the mine.
It would make absolutely no sence at all for the Dutchman to make any kind of deal with Holmes so that he would promiss to give Julia the gold under his bed,and the directions to his mine.I believe
the Dutchman wanted Julia to have it all;and I believe that the Dutchman being a slick old codger that he was,knew that he could give the directions to anyone and it wouldn't make sence unless
they knew the secret or key to the instructions,this would safe guard it for Julia.and with greed playing a big part in any gold mine you have to look at the facts,Holmes took the box of gold from under the Dutchmans bed,so he knew in fact that he had gold ore and how rich it was,and he knew that even with Julia having the directions she could never find the mine,because he would beat her to it.so the search begins.
then years later comes ruth's story and directions and location,then Magill's hunt, and others in the same area,are all these people wrong.
If you go back to Julia's first maps and directions,and then go to the directions Ruth had,and the location he was hunting in,and also Magill's,and others ,and look for signs on the trail that I believe only
Julia knew the real meaning at the time,but could never find them,you to may solve a mystery?:dontknow:

Last edited:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
This is my opinion concerning Jacob Waltz "the Dutchman" and his gold mine.:coffee2:
A lot of people at the time knew that Jacob had gold in his possession,and I truly believe that upon his death bed he had honorable Intentions toward Julia Thomas. the only problem was she
was not there when the Dutchman died,so upon her returning she was given second hand information concerning the box of gold beneath the dutchmans bed ,and also the directions to the mine.
It would make absolutely no sence at all for the Dutchman to make any kind of deal with Holmes so that he would promiss to give Julia the gold under his bed,and the directions to his mine.I believe
the Dutchman wanted Julia to have it all;and I believe that the Dutchman being a slick old codger that he was,knew that he could give the directions to anyone and it wouldn't make sence unless
they knew the secret or key to the instructions,this would safe guard it for Julia.and with greed playing a big part in any gold mine you have to look at the facts,Holmes took the box of gold from under the Dutchmans bed,so he knew in fact that he had gold ore and how rich it was,and he knew that even with Julia having the directions she could never find the mine,because he would beat her to it.so the search begins.
then years later comes ruth's story and directions and location,then Magill's hunt, and others in the same area,are all these people wrong.
If you go back to Julia's first maps and directions,and then go to the directions Ruth had,and the location he was hunting in,and also Magill's,and others ,and look for signs on the trail that I believe only
Julia knew the real meaning at the time,but could never find them,you to may solve a mystery?:dontknow:

NP,

By necessity, I believe Waltz kept his directions to Julia very simple. Once they gave up on their first attempt to enter the mountains, they never got to this view:

BeenthereClimbedThat.jpg

WALTZDRAWING.jpg

Ruth and Bicknell's directions would have taken them over the ridge (the view) and down to a close water camp at Willow Spring. The above view is directly above the spring.

Simple directions: Find this view, go to the spring below. Go south in the canyon to the first canyon going Southeast and go up it to the mine. There is a sealed mine towards the top.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

Last edited:

KXMember

Dec 19, 2014
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
OKM
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol...has anyone in here found the 7 cities? My mentor has...I've seen evidence galore, including official documents.

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NP,

By necessity, I believe Waltz kept his directions to Julia very simple. Once they gave up on their first attempt to enter the mountains, they never got to this view:

BeenthereClimbedThat.jpg

WALTZDRAWING.jpg

Ruth and Bicknell's directions would have taken them over the ridge (the view) and down to a close water camp at Willow Spring. The above view is directly above the spring.

Simple directions: Find this view, go to the spring below. Go south in the canyon to the first canyon going Southeast and go up it to the mine. There is a sealed mine towards the top.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo
Joe,:coffee2:that is a very good trail,remember me talking abut the trail markers awhile back,well turns out if you follow the directions there is a trick to the trail,and from what I think is Julia was told about this.
I very well could be wrong,but the proof is in the end result,In 1966 and a teenager full of energy I had already been well indoctrinated into the search,I would keep following the directions but never getting results,I knew something was not right,I started following these markers that had different length lines and taking me in a complete different direction to other markers,In this thread not far back I explained this, In 1988 I had a chance to sell what I had left,so I took pictures,they can be seen on this thread post #187 and I wanted some ones opinion on comparing them to the matchbox,the very first person to comment on this was Matthew Roberts in post#188, good luck .:cat:np

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
NP,

As you can see, my photograph was taken from a helicopter slightly Northwest of the saddle. Move a little South, say up on the main mountain, and the small spire on the north side of the Needle would not be seen.......Much like the Waltz drawing.

Take care,

Joe

Absurd-Ginger

Jun 3, 2015
Gilbert
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Lol...has anyone in here found the 7 cities? My mentor has...I've seen evidence galore, including official documents.
I would like to say ive seen evidence of it being in four peaks, good bloody evidence.... But id never go claiming something until its able to be made public in the first place. If you where my student, i would not be happy with you blasting the internet about the site until its safe and logical too. Maybe ts the skeptec in me, but extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.....

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I think that at this point it would be easier to ask you what is not in NM.

Ha ha - good one. The Kryder MO has been pretty steady for quite a few years - promises of great revelations coming soon, very soon. Maybe we'll all be surprised one day, but until then, we here in NM can at least be thankful nobody is taking the claims seriously. That way, we can explore our secret places in private.

Las Vegas Bob

Aug 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excessive amounts of gasconading going on here, must be something in the water.............:laughing7:

KXMember

Dec 19, 2014
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
OKM
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to say ive seen evidence of it being in four peaks, good bloody evidence.... But id never go claiming something until its able to be made public in the first place. If you where my student, i would not be happy with you blasting the internet about the site until its safe and logical too. Maybe ts the skeptec in me, but extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.....

As I've said before...I tell nothing that hasn't already been put up online and made public by my mentor RK. Signing off

captain1965

Apr 12, 2015
Mesa
Detector(s) used
fisher gemini 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well said

yamazues

Feb 18, 2014
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello. First...Beautiful pictures. Very rich gold vein. I am treasure hunter in the Philippines, but learned I love chipping limestone by hand. I know quartz is much harder stone, but I have been seriously thinking that I would probably love to become a hard rock miner even at my age. I am from California so that would be my first choice. I really know nothing about gold mining and have no money for big operation. I would simply be interested to chip tunnels in search of natural gold. Contact me by my email at [email protected] please if you want to share information about mining with me. Rich rocks you have there for sure. Thanks, Trent Franklin

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi NP

Also , I have a map which shows a treasure buried few hundred yards south of the junction of Fremont Pass trail with Dutchman's trail in the East Boulder Canyon , close to some Spanish markers .
Are you aware of this info ?

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marius, Amigo,:coffee2::coffee2:
I was fully aware of the Treasure and the location,but not the map, back years ago there was a lot of electronic detection work done on freemont saddle, there were supposedly a lot of good signals picked
up there by an unknown organization at the time,they could never figure the entrance or how to gain entry into it,I had mentioned this once before in my thread,but was made aware of my mistake immediately by some one associated with this organization.so I haven't mentioned it since. I know of no one else that ever hunted for it.:dontknow:np:cat:

goldenmotive

Jun 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe,:coffee2:that is a very good trail,remember me talking abut the trail markers awhile back,well turns out if you follow the directions there is a trick to the trail,and from what I think is Julia was told about this.
I very well could be wrong,but the proof is in the end result,In 1966 and a teenager full of energy I had already been well indoctrinated into the search,I would keep following the directions but never getting results,I knew something was not right,I started following these markers that had different length lines and taking me in a complete different direction to other markers,In this thread not far back I explained this, In 1988 I had a chance to sell what I had left,so I took pictures,they can be seen on this thread post #187 and I wanted some ones opinion on comparing them to the matchbox,the very first person to comment on this was Matthew Roberts in post#188, good luck .:cat:np

NP, I've been on that ridge many times looking for those monuments. I can say with a fair degree of confidence that they are not there to be photographed today. I've zig zagged the the north and the south side of the saddle in Joe's picture several times. My question is: How many markers did you find that were actually on that ridge and were they to the north or south of the saddle in the picture? Thanks, Larry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread