Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
holey moley your t2 beat my dfx.. am dumbfounded the dfx is so low on that chart.. : (

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know. My DFX is about 7" max with the 9.5 coil, tweaked seven ways to Sunday.

I have to agree with the CZ-3D. It's deeper than my DFX. I proved that last weeks on an IH. DFX didn't hear a thing. Got a sweet repeatable quiet tone from the CZ at 8.5".

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab Explorer II and SE are the best.

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
yep the t-2 # 6, but didnt need a chart to tell me that. ive dug 2.5 ft for a 6in tin ring, not a happy camper, looking for copper culture stuff, most stuff around here doesnt get very deep.

detectordave

Apr 6, 2005
Ann Arbor Meechigan
Detector(s) used
DFX WITH DX-1 PROBE AND XLT WITH XL-1 PROBE
Sounds to me, in my experience, like this test was done very quickly and not terribly accurately. But they did get me to read. lol.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tee Hee. I especially like the iron seperation test when factored in with the depth tests.

Tee Hee!

What this does not account for is experience in using YOUR detector. We all learn tricks and tweaks with practice.

I ain't complaining (neither will the T2 users, I'm sure). Relative to my Minelab Muskateer Advantage I'd say the F-75 is just about that much better . . . but that DFX result has to be wonky. I KNOW they're better than that. Probably those default settings, again. The Explorers cost 20% more and are heavier so they should be spanking me. :D The Sovereign is the one I was hard pressed to decide against with the F-75.

The test with the silver coin beside a bolt - I did my own with a silver quarter beside a railroad spike and I got an overload siren unless I was at least 4" away or it was 6" below the coil. :icon_scratch: Granted that spike is a wad of iron in the detector's field.

I do have coins under nails and tabs in my test garden and it does "see through" the trash (the tab if it is 1"+/- or more off vertical alignment) if you have the settings dialed in (low discrimination to "take the hit" and decide for yourself).

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Montana Jim said:
Neat charts... but...

The tests are irrelevent to one's own location and experience.
Its ok Jim mine didnt rate well either

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
People, people. There is a ton of charts, graphs and opinions out there and you can work them anyway you want. I wouldn't take this one as gospel. One mans testing, no conditions listed, experienced with all detectors? or master of none? Were they all tested at the same time in the same conditions at the same place? The minelabs depth being on top does not surprise me but I am very skeptical about the outcome for all those detectors. And this chart has been around for a long time.

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Born2Dtect said:
I am not surprised with the results. I use a Minelab EXP II.

Ed D.

I am not surprised either :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
Hmmm..... You might remember that an earlier chart from this guy has been on this forum before and was blasted by a few members. Charges of Minelab bias were made.

Frankly, why isn't the XP GoldMax Power at the top or near the top?

George

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
these test numbers seem a little optimistic to me to say the least. I'm glad my explorer SE did well, and i know it does go deep, but 14" on a king George seems unrealistic to me. ::)

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro
As it stands now my Minelab is the machine to beat. I do have to give the Tesoro more of a chance. I might even try a more top of the line Tesoro. But the Minelab stays with me until a different detector beats it.
Mind you we're only talking depth. Because as deep as the Minelab is, it is also slow. I'm probably always going to need at least two machines.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread