Plug cutter

Aug 1, 2012
Nashville TN
Detector(s) used
Garret At Pro, Pro pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am 13 years old and have been detecting for almost two years with little gold and silver. in Nashville most all parks are off limits the place i found my only gold was in chicago and would love to be able to know where to look in my town. I also love old coins. based off that what does everyone think the best way to go is off of past experiances. Should i keep searching for parks or try old houses, torn up sidewalks. or tot lots. I would love some help on this.

Upvote 0

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been hunting for 14 years and all I hunt are school soccer and play fields . They have given up a lot of gold and silver for me .
Good luck !
Glen

Orbitz

Feb 25, 2012
Denver Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
Bounty Hunter VLF
Bounty Hunter tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also try the local parks where people play ball, I have found several gold rings and silver chains in parks, good luck hope you stick with the hobby
HH

OP
OP
P

Plug cutter

Aug 1, 2012
Nashville TN
Detector(s) used
Garret At Pro, Pro pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
do local parks have the same rules as city, state and national parks?

Metal Magnet

Bronze Member
Oct 26, 2010
OH
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey plug cutter. i agree with the folks who have responded. Think about how rings, necklaces, and bracelets will come off of owners. It usually involves water/sweat and activity. The harder the activity, the better. This invariably involves sports or swimming/water sports. I have done well at sports fields - ballfields, soccer fields, green areas where people can play. If you know of local swimming holes - I would hit those repeatedly. Just make sure to hunt with a partner, in case you get into trouble in the water.

I bet if you put your thinking cap on you can find of some spots at schools or in creeks!

Best of luck - hope to see you posting your finds soon.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is an idea, get permission to hunt an empty lot. Last year I detected three old houses in a row, but someone had beat me to it. There was an empty lot across the street, and I found a pile of good stuff there. Lots of old coins and a few nice rings. Whoever detected those yards had overlooked the empty lot. Plus people might be more willing to let someone dig in an empty lot rather than their yard. Hope you find a good spot!

Orbitz

Feb 25, 2012
Denver Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
Bounty Hunter VLF
Bounty Hunter tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in Norfolk, VA it's ok to hunt local parks, long as it's not a historical/protected park, most parks in Norfolk are ok
I have only been told to leave at one spot, that was in Petersburg, VA, and I was unaware it was illegal to hunt anywhere
in Petersburg, so if you have any doubts just ask a park employee. I'm sure you have some old parks in Nashville. As far
as I know, state and national parks are off limits, but never hurts to ask :P HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread