Where have all the Rings gone?

Kiko68

Mar 20, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Detector(s) used
ACE 150
Hey there fellow TNeters, a question. Well, I have been huntin; for a good 5 months now, and I STILL have not found ONE ring. No junk, no silver, nada. I'm wondering, where do you all find your rings? I always dig everything that's a clean signal, and I hunt around park's, tot-lots, anywhere where it seems a good spot to find some jewelry. i have only founf three pieces of junk jewelry, which is unusual because I don;t find very many trinkets either. So, question, where have you had the most luck finding rings/jewelry/trinkets? In park, in tot-lots, etc.

Thanks! Kiko

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rings can be lost anywhere. However when fingers get slippery when wet or with suntan lotion the beach or swim area is the place to go for the higher ratio of rings per time searching. You have to be able to hear the pull tabs or you won't hear the rings as around 90% of the gold rings are in the pull tab range. Try it on a clean piece of ground. Lay down a pull tab and a gold ring and turn up the disc till there is no sound on the pull tab. Then wave the coil over the ring.......................... :wink:

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the info. were do i get a gold ring to try it on,pull tabs are easy :thumbsup:

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
liftloop said:
thanks for the info. were do i get a gold ring to try it on,pull tabs are easy :thumbsup:

If you do not own any ask someone to let you test theirs... Also the silver rings mainly will fall in the dime range...but not always... Gold rings all over the board but mainly in pulltab area... You may want to make sure you are not discriminating out the rings...testing will tell you that...

Oh my ring/jewelry count is also down this year...

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
As a veteran of the "dig-all" generation (started detecting before discrimination was invented), I can tell you for a fact, that turf is not the place to go, if you're looking for gold rings. The ratio of aluminum junk, coins, etc... to gold rings is not productive in turf .... or even sandboxes. I remember finding a few gold rings back in those days (where we had no choice but to dig whatever beeped), but looking back, considering the shere quantity of coins and junk we/I dug, I recall very few gold rings. And it couldn't be attributed to selective digging (disc. issues, etc..) because we had no such options.

I have learned that the best place for gold rings, to have the best ratios of targets dug, is swimming beaches. Get out where people frolick around in cool waters, and PRESTO! Add slippery-suntan lotion to the mix, and you get the picture. Want to amp it up a bit more? Add in beach swells/storms/tides which wash away all light weight items (leaving only the heavy items), then nix out all high conductors, and ........ I've heard of 7 to 12 gold rings in a day before :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread