Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm beginning to wonder too.

I do know Charlie is in Alaska, so just as soon as he gets back I'm going to get my cheesecake.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
I been wondering where Ricky is too. :icon_scratch: Hope everything is okay!

Okay RR....not fair! I thought now that LBH was over there would be no more taunts about that glorious cheesecake! rofl I do hope their trip to Alaska is a great one. I lived in Alaska part of the time I was growing up and have many times thought about going back for a visit. I do know this....if I get to LBH next year I am gonna make a sidetrip to get cheesecake if he is not coming to the hunt! lol

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Cynangyl said:
I been wondering where Ricky is too. :icon_scratch: Hope everything is okay!

Okay RR....not fair! I thought now that LBH was over there would be no more taunts about that glorious cheesecake! rofl I do hope their trip to Alaska is a great one. I lived in Alaska part of the time I was growing up and have many times thought about going back for a visit. I do know this....if I get to LBH next year I am gonna make a sidetrip to get cheesecake if he is not coming to the hunt! lol

lol as the saying goes if he don't show I'll buy if you fly :thumbsup:

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
lol sounds like a plan! My mouth still waters everytime I think of that cheesecake!

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Cynangyl said:
lol sounds like a plan! My mouth still waters everytime I think of that cheesecake!

probably good then you didn't have any, Dave would be already driving you there :wink:

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Last I talked to RickyP, his job was robbing him of all his MDing time. That's why he didn't get to come to the hunt. I'll try to get him and Laurie up here before long for some quiet MDing and relaxing time under the ole oak tree. I think he's going to need a break soon ...

Noodle

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
Cynangyl said:

One of my prizes was a cheesecake to take home. My family loved it, loved it so much they told the neighbors, YOU HAVE TO COME OVER AND TRY THIS CHEESECAKE! I said, are you nuts? It was mighty good while it lasted. All of two days.

OP
OP
goldie1959

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500
thanks noodle. ya jobs get in the way. too bad some of us were born beautiful and not rich . bought a lotteryticket maybe that will help . just glad he and his wife are ok . miss his posts. poor guy got rev'ed up like dale earnhart to go to lbh and could,nt . terrible.

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Tin Nugget said:
Cynangyl said:

One of my prizes was a cheesecake to take home. My family loved it, loved it so much they told the neighbors, YOU HAVE TO COME OVER AND TRY THIS CHEESECAKE! I said, are you nuts? It was mighty good while it lasted. All of two days.

let the cat out of the bag did you :tongue3:

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't heard from RickyP in over a week. Don't know whats going on except his work has been pretty demanding lately. If I haven't heard from him this week, I'll try and give him a call this weekend.....I sure miss the daily rant on here about LBH everyday!!

Steve ;D

RickyP

Feb 13, 2008
Prairieville, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Explorer SE, Whites DFX
Its me its me its Ernest T..... bet ya'll cant tell me who said that and on what show it was? Sorry I havent been in contact lately but been on a little bidnes trip and my body and mind, what little bit I have, is still spinning from a fast paced couple of weeks. I was surfing around the forum tonight and was very surprised to see a post with my name on it. :thumbsup: My 15 minutes to fame I guess. Thanks for your thoughts and concern

All is well at home, but mother-in-law is still fighting the alzheimer's. She's screaming and hollering one day and up laughing and carrying on a conversation the next. Very draining on the nerves. Last week we found out that one of my wife's uncle's here in baton rouge has been diagnosed with bone cancer. His name is Malcolm Hood and is a lobbyist for the energy industry. He has been told that there is only about 4 to 5 months, so please keep him in your prayers. This is one of the best men I think I have ever known. The Louisiana legislature was able to start a scholorship fund in his name at LSU for students entering the energy field. Other than that, all is well.

Goldie, and all, thanks for asking about me. And yes, I am ready for a break Noodle, or a break down. Gonna try my damndest to make a hunt this weekend. Judie, I already got your cheesecake, so there aint no need in going to charle's. It was gooooood to.

In case ya'll dont know, our buddy juanmoretime is fightin a helluva case of arthritis, so keep him in your thoughts and prayers as well. Hope your new medication works for you brother, and we'll get together real soon.

Well, didnt mean to ramble on, but trying to get a hunt together if ya'll would be interested. Wouldnt be anything like LBH, but just to be able to get out and hunt some old property in St. Francisville for a weekend. I'll post more details later for whoever maybe interested.

And for all you cooanasses, "21 straight wins". Geaux Tigers

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great to hear from you, Ricky. Got my cheesecake, huh? Well, I be getting mine real soon. Prayers out to everyone you listed.

Been busy with being a new grandma, but more so with the calf who's momma didn't want him. Bottle feeding and now have a nurse cow to take care of it, but that's all, I still can't turn out with the herd so it a daily cowgirl's job.

Had 2 neighbors down the road, who lost their lives in a trailer fire this week and my DIL's mother is finally home (today) from the hospital after being there since Mother's Day. Tests still being done but it's more likely she will have to have a liver transplant...so keep Carolyn in your prayers.

Keep us informed of this hunt you're planning.

:wink: RR

RickyP

Feb 13, 2008
Prairieville, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Explorer SE, Whites DFX
Saw that in the news about the fire. You always feel dis-associated with something like that until your hear from a friend that they knew them, and then it hits home and it doesnt feel as far away as it did. Sorry to hear that Judie. Glad to hear MIL is home, but liver transplants are kinda tricky. Wish her all the best.

CONGRATS ON THE NEW GRANDBABY, and the calf. Raised quite a few myself. There can be more demanding than a child sometimes.

The way my boys are going, I wont see any grandkids for quite sometime. Not that I'm complaining, but damn. I want one.

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
RickyP said:
mother-in-law is still fighting the alzheimer's. She's screaming and hollering one day and up laughing and carrying on a conversation the next. Very draining on the nerves.
one of my wife's uncle's here in baton rouge has been diagnosed with bone cancer. His name is Malcolm Hood and is a lobbyist for the energy industry. He has been told that there is only about 4 to 5 months, so please keep him in your prayers.
our buddy juanmoretime is fightin a helluva case of arthritis, so keep him in your thoughts and prayers as well. Hope your new medication works for you brother, and we'll get together real soon.

River Rat said:
Bottle feeding and now have a nurse cow to take care of it, but that's all, I still can't turn out with the herd so it a daily cowgirl's job.

Had 2 neighbors down the road, who lost their lives in a trailer fire this week
my DIL's mother is finally home (today) from the hospital after being there since Mother's Day. Tests still being done but it's more likely she will have to have a liver transplant...so keep Carolyn in your prayers.

All of your needs are being lifted to the Father for His care and comfort

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hey RickyP, I'm up for any hunt in the St. Fransisville area. Just let me know when; I'll be there and will give any help I can. I owe you big time!!! Besides, I love the area. Just like Natchez and Vicksburg. But my ancestor roamed that area in the late 1700's, early 1800s. Love it!

Understand about the health issues of family members. Just got back from 3 days at my dad's in Missouri. Had to drag himself out of bed to tell me 'goodbye. Spent half the week cooking, cleaning, shopping, etc. And they're 400 miles away! Dang! That's a long drive to make on a weekend. Am trying to figure out other avenues.

OP
OP
goldie1959

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500
been busy with grandkids. glad you are ok, ricky. understand about the medical issues. ya,ll down there are in my prayers. been having bad storms up in this neck of the woods. guess its our turn now. goldie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread