Florida Hunt:

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Someone asked me about maybe sponsoring a Florida TN Hunt so I need some ideas on good dates "if" a TN hunt is done for florida.

We know Oct is the CTH and we know Apr is the LBH, they pretty much run bi annual so to speak. I was the only sunshine stater at the LBH and maybe at the CTH. God willing I wish to attend both of them.

Is that enough fun for the year? Gas and travel expenses are higher than ever. your thoughts?

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Re: Florida Hunt

:'( another one so far away?? Can someone fold the map a few times so Florida is closer to Oregon?? I would love to go to a hunt in Florida!

I am sure you will find many folks that would love to go hunt with ya.....maybe by the time we are done creating big hunts we will have one each quarter that is scheduled! :wink: Good luck....sounds like a great idea to me! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Bridge End Farm

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library

Cynangyl said:
:'( another one so far away?? Can someone fold the map a few times so Florida is closer to Oregon?? I would love to go to a hunt in Florida!

I am sure you will find many folks that would love to go hunt with ya.....maybe by the time we are done creating big hunts we will have one each quarter that is scheduled! :wink: Good luck....sounds like a great idea to me! :thumbsup:

Yeah I know it is a major expense to folks travel alone, then throw in lodging, chow, etc

ZenAgain

Nov 2, 2007
Fort Polk LA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star, White's DFX, Bullseye 2

What part of Florida we talking about? If it's the panhandle, I'd say pencil me and the Missus in, but once you start getting farther south it starts getting a bit out there. lol

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well I'm normally in Missouri for school (kicks some dirt! :'( )... but I'm from Saint Petersburg, so if it happens to be close or semi-close to the Central part of the state when I'm home, I'd be down for it! ;D

Bran <><

OP
OP
Bridge End Farm

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library

ZenAgain said:
What part of Florida we talking about? If it's the panhandle, I'd say pencil me and the Missus in, but once you start getting farther south it starts getting a bit out there. lol

Thats up for discussion too, I can probably arrange either NW florida or Central Florida

OP
OP
Bridge End Farm

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library

ZenAgain said:

depending how far south you really need to speak spanish to get around :icon_scratch:

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bridge End Farm said:
depending how far south you really need to speak spanish to get around :icon_scratch:

LOL!! Oh how true that is... ;D

Bran <><

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This is just a suggestion. Noodle speak up if this is not a good idea. After this one in October, May be we could schedule like this.

CTH end of May LBH 1st October FSH 1st of Feb.

Just a thought may not work I don't know. Since this will be my second year may be I should drop out on the third year. Let us rotate ever third year. :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:
Burdie

OP
OP
Bridge End Farm

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library

Burdie said:
This is just a suggestion. Noodle speak up if this is not a good idea. After this one in October, May be we could schedule like this.

CTH end of May LBH 1st October FSH 1st of Feb.

Just a thought may not work I don't know. Since this will be my second year may be I should drop out on the third year. Let us rotate ever third year. :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:
Burdie

well what I like about the LBH and the CTH is both are pretty well centrally located to all parts of the U SA. Florida is not. I myself have no problems making the run to either spot so if other folks from florida want to tag with me that is fine also. So I myself would wish and desire not for either of them to go away or rotated out.

I also have no problem "not" doing one either lol. Like said the idea was thrown to me and maybe other than folks dropping into my area on vacation etc and me getting them some access is all it should be.

olegoat

Oct 18, 2007
southeast tn
Detector(s) used
fisher 1220x,gc-1023,tesoro tejon , fisher f-2, compass yukon 77b, tesoro bandito 11 umax

ohhhhhh i wanna come too,,, i have folks in the orlando area, i might be able to bum a bed if its anywhere close to that, i will watch this thread

OP
OP
Bridge End Farm

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library

Here is where I am,

I am working on a place that has folks there everyday in the summer, swimming, diving etc. A natural spring, cabins that sleep a few each so folks can split expense. etc. The place is privately owned and known early explorer camp site.

If I do get the owner to agree I am looking at a winter Jan- early Feb time frame. Since the cabins cost money even at the discount I am working, travel, fuel etc. There would be "no" fee to hunt. It will be within an hour drive to beaches if anyone from hunters to non hunters wish to go.

We can discuss and figure out chow later if this works out. The cabins do have their own kitchens and there is plenty of grills picnic tables etc. Plenty of chow houses too close.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

If it's near the Panhandle,I think the number of hunters would increase.Maybe somewhere from Pensacola - DeFuniak Sprgs - Panama City(during Spring Break,maybe?).I drive from mid-MO to Mobile,Al(740mi) in a easy one day and P'cola is only another 70mi.

OP
OP
Bridge End Farm

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library

warsawdaddy said:
If it's near the Panhandle,I think the number of hunters would increase.Maybe somewhere from Pensacola - DeFuniak Sprgs - Panama City(during Spring Break,maybe?).I drive from mid-MO to Mobile,Al(740mi) in a easy one day and P'cola is only another 70mi.

Ok thanks for the input WSD :thumbsup: Your some road warrior !!!! You drive like me it sounds like. Folks hate to ride with me, cause you better do what you gotta do while I'm filling up cause next stop is when she needs a drink again lol. They don't seem to like the hang it out the window theory :tongue3:

I don't want to put out an area of location yet for it might change. I haven't secured a "yes" from the land owner I am consulting with. A hunt in the northern part of the state would make it easier for those coming from out of state.

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300

yeah i would try to make it if it is in the northern part......the LBH and CTH are too far for me to drive.....besides I would love to get in a real beach hunt Panama City is about 6 1/2 hours from me.....Pensacola i believe may be a little closer

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70

I wouldn't rule out any location to hunt....always looking for new spots and people!
Baggins

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread