Attachments

• S2400001.JPG
    S2400001.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 376
Upvote 0

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
I'm with Omni,love tho's wheat.s gives hope that somthing better is in the site.HH Masonlid

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey............you could get a palm reading with that post! :D I'd say you wear gloves when you dig, cause there aint no dirt or callouses! ;)

;D

Congrats on the finds!!

You found one more than me yesterday!

Nana ;)

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with the others, as long as you are finding wheaties the chance is still good for silver!!

slow sweeper

Jan 7, 2005
Oregon
Hang in there. Over lap your sweeps. Go over the area at different directions. And remember that a dime used to buy more than it does today. Even today if I drop a penny sometimes I won't bother to pick it up. But if I drop a dime I ALWAYS pick it up. :)

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hang in there! Where there are wheaties, there is silver! Just needs patience to find. I know this because I have yet to find any silver coins (did find 2 silver rings though). Get back to that yard enough times and you'll find it!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Speaking of gloves and who wasn't?? I have gloves but they are hot now that warm weather is approaching.? Also, I am finding that the soil is causing an allergic reaction or something on my hands, causing them to blister occasionally and they get really dried out and red.? I think I'll try something like a golf glove with a mesh back and solid leather palms?? Please, someone design a digging glove that is light weight, cool and water proof!? I think Goretex membrane would be ideal as it "breathes" but is waterproof.? I think I'll get out my Cabela's catalog and see if there is a Gortex glove liner on the market.? Anyone know off hand?
Nope, nothing listed in the catalog!

R

rvbvetter

Don't you want them on the hand?
Wonder if those driving gloves with all the holes would work. Not much padding though. HH

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
I used to wear gloves, but found myself getting dry peeling skin with tiny blisters. I found out that the gloves were creating a perfect environment for an "athletes foot" type of fungus!(which is what I had on my hand) Maybe we could rename it detectors hand! ;D Any of the good cremes for athletes foot get rid of it pretty quickly. Just my experience with gloves HH omnicognoc 8)

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmmm, my symptoms are similar to what you describe and I'm not wearing gloves! I get very tiny itchy blisters that pop and leave a dark spot and my palms are starting to peel. I have some spray on athlete's foot stuff so I think I will spray down before bedtime and see what happens. I emailed a company that sells mechanics gloves, advertised to be lite weight, oil and water proof and breathable. Will let you know if I hear back from them. My biggest problem with gloves is that they are too hot and make my hands sweat.

B

Broncox Vernon BC

Masonlid said:
Hahahaa...yeah I wear gloves.I guess I'm a wimp ;D
Hey don't feel bad :-[ ...I wear em too!, if I don't the dirt dries my hands out and they crack and bleed.
Broncox

B

Broncox Vernon BC

I use a knit type glove that the palms have been dipped in rubber, they are quite durable, not overly warm, washable and only cost about $4.00 (Canadian)they tend too last me about 2-3 weeks
Broncox

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do have a pair of those rubber dipped cloth gloves but the dirt gradually gets into the fiber and still gets to my hands over time. They work pretty good though when new. Real good for wet ground.

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003
Since you found a 1940 penny, that likely leaves a 24 year windown in which a silver coin could have been lost. Be sure to dig all targets! You will find them....

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
I've heard several people having the same problems with their hands. Wonder if some people are just getting into contaminated soil?
I use crazy glue for the cracked skin.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well....I know I should be wearing gloves.....me being a lady and all......but they are just so dang hot! I don't know how you all stand it! Even my gardening gloves seem overbearingly hot..... :- And the 90 degree weather sure don't help! 8)

Nana ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread