tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today my phone told me the temp's stayed at 73 degrees most all day. I decided put on some shorts, wrapper a jacket around my waist and headed out on a bike ride to a place I call mano hill. I've no doubt it was a known place where the two creeks meet just below by the ancient people who camped, butchered game, and ground seeds with the mano stone I found on this very particular hill. I spent a couple hours looking around and I didn't find anything, but a couple of flakes and the wind started blasting so much, I decided I'll get on the bike and just go for a ride and then my eyes caught site of the notched back piece of a point as I was walking back to the bike. Many of the flakes I find are of the same white materiel as this half of a point. I did see this lady bug out a little early this year I must say, so I guess I wasn't alone on the hill today. Maybe it was fooled by this warm spell we're having. Getting home on a bike was no picnic with the way the wind started to pickup. Man it was really blowing and my thighs really started aching peddling against this blasting wind on the way home. I guess it's blowing big trucks over on the highways east of me.

Attachments

• bike ride 021017 1.jpg
    bike ride 021017 1.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 132
  • bike ride 021017 2.jpg
    bike ride 021017 2.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 128
  • bike ride 021017 3.jpg
    bike ride 021017 3.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 139
  • bike ride 021017 4.jpg
    bike ride 021017 4.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 145
Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
always love your pics dude

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have got to love those Chinook winds! It warmed up again today here also. Looks like a Prairie side-notch point.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
always love your pics dude
Thank you!, and over time I've so enjoyed and come to loved your Wit...Wit is a form of intelligent humour, the ability to say or write things that are clever and usually funny.[1] A wit is a person skilled at making clever and funny remarks

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you!, and over time I've so enjoyed and come to loved your Wit...Wit is a form of intelligent humour, the ability to say or write things that are clever and usually funny.[1] A wit is a person skilled at making clever and funny remarks

wow! that's the nicest thing anyone has said to me. are you married? dating?

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have got to love those Chinook winds! It warmed up again today here also. Looks like a Prairie side-notch point.
Not far from this site was a big ass backhoe carving out a level area on the next bluff over. Though it all looks like a place far and away from the civilized world it isn't. Just below the horizon of the first picture are hundreds of thousands of homes shopping malls and thousand of vehicles going this way and that way. Behind me is a whole new town they developed and it's getting shaved down on the outer limits by big earth movers for more homes and getting closer to this site, by the month. It makes me what to cry at times, so I'll visit it as much as I can til the ever increasing spread of modern man finally add his touch to the top soil of this hill. As far as I can see it has had very little disruption to it ever. It was never touched by the plow as was in the lower lands a hundred plus years ago. There was an early railroad laid in the later 19th century near by and on a satellite view of the area I could make out the trace of what may have been a wagon road. You can see it in this picture by the way the taller grass grows on top of where it once was. I did find a horseshoe along it. It's in the little flower garden out front.

Attachments

• land mark 2.jpg
    land mark 2.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 116
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow! that's the nicest thing anyone has said to me. are you married? dating?
Your too funny. Women have told me I look like a guy who's married, if that means anything.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The point kinda sorta looks a lot like Kremmling chert. Most of that came from a prehistoric quarry around Williams Fork Reservoir. I camp there a lot, and lots of workable material, but you hardly find anything worked. I thought maybe that since it was a spot known around that part of the country, different people would be coming there, so you might just want to get some chert and get out, to avoid any unfriendly confrontations.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah there's no source of good material along the front range that I know of. The flecks I find are either this white stuff and the common tan jasper that I'd find all over the upper Arkansas. I did find a wide center section of a large blade made of a translucent piece of chalcedony. Looking into it I found a material know as Hilltop chalcedony. I posted that find in the N.A. artifacts forum. Around 2 year's now of searching this hill I've found mostly random flecks and a few solid artifacts. When your on this hill and see the veiws all around you get a good sense of why they camped here. There's actually 3 small tributaries that meet together and run into Boulder creek say 4 miles away and Boulder Creek then runs into the S Plate river. Definitely a Great Plains people site imo.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These pictures would have looked a whole lot better in The Random Picture Thread. :P

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where is it now? I know it was pulled from the general discussion's, no doubt due to the amount of attention it was getting. I guess there's limits on threads? I remember a thread that began on the theories of the Michigan copper culture and it either got to big or to many argument fired up on it...It was either moved or curtailed?

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View Active topics... tis the best way IMO to "watch" Tnet... just reload frequently... shows ALL forums activity.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread