🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
AU24K said:
Spartacus my Friend,
Thank you for a great Thread! :headbang:

I think that this is a great way to see who was where when...

First and most importantly, don't thank me, thanks Dano who put some ideas in my head. :laughing7: :laughing7: :headbang:

It is amazing how some are right in the middle of an event, and others on the sidelines are still deeply effected. Secondly, other great part is that someone's story here will jog you memory about other events that have an impact in your life. The final reason, just trying to think is a good thing for that gray matter.

I have also noticed that we had 2 birthdays one covering each Kennedy. Let me add one more, but from a noted entertainer. On December 8, 1980 I had been talking to my sister wishing her a happy birthday, maybe an hour later, our local programming was interrupted with the new of John Lennon's murder. I know this happened late in the evening and the news had a live feed, there were already several hundred mourners by his house.

Also had to love the big "Red" scare in the 60's. Although I really had no clue why they put us through the paces of hiding under our desk in case of the "big one". I was already aware of Hiroshima and had seen the pictures, I surely doubt that desktop was the answer :laughing7: I still loved getting a break from the classwork though, so teacher's, "Thank you" :icon_thumleft:

I don't remember where I was when I heard about lennon
all I Know is I thought it was somones idea of
a joke.

I do remember I was driving in my car waiting
for an announcement on Starview or WMMR
on Tickets for Led Zepplin.
all week there were giving Teasers that
tickets would be announced that day.
and I Was Primed to head for tickets as soon as they
annouced they were on sale.

& all of a sudden. instead they announced
John Bonham was found dead :(
that was a loss to me :(

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:
spartacus53 said:
AU24K said:
Spartacus my Friend,
Thank you for a great Thread! :headbang:

I think that this is a great way to see who was where when...

First and most importantly, don't thank me, thanks Dano who put some ideas in my head. :laughing7: :laughing7: :headbang:

It is amazing how some are right in the middle of an event, and others on the sidelines are still deeply effected. Secondly, other great part is that someone's story here will jog you memory about other events that have an impact in your life. The final reason, just trying to think is a good thing for that gray matter.

I have also noticed that we had 2 birthdays one covering each Kennedy. Let me add one more, but from a noted entertainer. On December 8, 1980 I had been talking to my sister wishing her a happy birthday, maybe an hour later, our local programming was interrupted with the new of John Lennon's murder. I know this happened late in the evening and the news had a live feed, there were already several hundred mourners by his house.

Also had to love the big "Red" scare in the 60's. Although I really had no clue why they put us through the paces of hiding under our desk in case of the "big one". I was already aware of Hiroshima and had seen the pictures, I surely doubt that desktop was the answer :laughing7: I still loved getting a break from the classwork though, so teacher's, "Thank you" :icon_thumleft:

I don't remember where I was when I heard about lennon
all I Know is I thought it was somones idea of
a joke.

I do remember I was driving in my car waiting
for an announcement on Starview or WMMR
on Tickets for Led Zepplin.
all week there were giving Teasers that
tickets would be announced that day.
and I Was Primed to head for tickets as soon as they
annouced they were on sale.

& all of a sudden. instead they announced
John Bonham was found dead :(
that was a loss to me :(

Lennon was for real; Yoko was a Joke.
Zep was a Concert worth killing for...
Seen many concerts in my time...
Best that I remember, they were all good!

Best,
Scott

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
You're too humble and honest Sparty mate, lol. I just gave you the title, it's you who's made the thread as good as it is. :wink:

"Lennon was for real. Zep was a concert to kill for"..."Best concert ever - Queen"...and all English! :headbang:

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was sitting home on my couch when the phone rang. I answered the phone and the lady on the other end stated that her name was so-and-so and could she speak to my daughter-in-law. My son and daughter-in-law were staying with us for a short period so I responded with "Sure" and handed her the phone. They conversed for a while and after the call my daughter-in-law stated that the lady that had called was someone she considered her "grandmother" on her father's side. I responded with something like, "Oh, well that's nice". Then she elaborated a little. She asked me if I knew who Juan Corona was, you know she asked, the serial killer that had killed 25 farm workers back in the early 70's? I said that, yes, I did know who he was; it was a big story here in California for quite some time. She said, "Well, that was Juan's mother on the phone.".............now THAT was a little spooky and it wasn't the only time she called either, I talked to her a few other times also.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
packerbacker, yup I'd be making good with her too, just in case her son ever gets out :icon_thumleft: :laughing7:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On Jan. 28, 1986, I had just phoned my sister to wish her a Happy Birthday and was watching the launch of the Challenger Space Shuttle.
When it exploded, I sat for a LONG time, stunned.

Scott

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also remember the first attack on the World Trade Center in 1993. Normally on a day when I was in the area, I would always stop there and visit at friend at work. This day however, I had a job interview late that morning and was headed over there after the interview. My interview went well beyond noon and I heard the news as I was leaving that office. The upside was that I had nailed he interview and got a call over the weekend to start that Monday.. There's also another story attached to this, so I will make a separate post.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread