Wheres everyone headed this weekend?

Ltr113

Mar 3, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT, White's Prizm IV, Bounty Hunter Scout
Primary Interest:
Other
Where's everyone headed this weekend?

Does anyone have plans to detect this weekend? If so, where are you headed? (park, field, school, beach). I've been eyeballing this park in town that dates back to the early 1900's.

Findone

Jan 20, 2006
COPE SOUTH CAROLINA
Detector(s) used
DFX,XLT and Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Where's everyone headed this weekend?

I'm head to a school that has been in use since the mid 1800's. I have been there a lot, and so far it has not let me down. I have always found something if nothing but a wheat penny.
I was told that it was hunted out the first time that I went there, and I was wasting my time.
I have found 2 large cents, a three cent piece , a 2cent piece, and a lot of other things, and coins. I am glad that everyone thinks it is hunted out because me and my DFX like to have it to ourself.
Good luck at your spot tomorrow. It sounds like a good spot to hunt.
I'm in West Lebanon. Where are you?
Leon

OP
OP
Ltr113

Ltr113

Mar 3, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

I'm on the seacoast.
I went out to a school yesterday built in the 60's and found a 1940 nickel.
Waiting for the weather to clear :icon_sunny: and then I'll be headed out again.

OP
OP
Ltr113

Ltr113

Mar 3, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Still haven't tried that park yet. Waiting for the right time. (Maybe a holiday). Kinda a high profile area with lots of [car] and foot traffic. I don't want to be bothered by the lookie-loos. :icon_pirat: (Makes me self conscious I guess). I will really need to focus if I want a good outing. I'll need to be "in the zone".

Findone

Jan 20, 2006
COPE SOUTH CAROLINA
Detector(s) used
DFX,XLT and Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I know what you are saying. To many people and to many questions.
I like the ones that look at you like you are doing something wrong.
I like to go to places like that early Sunday mornings or any morning.
Good luck with the weather nice there are going to more and more people.
HH
Leon

OP
OP
Ltr113

Ltr113

Mar 3, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Yeah, for those people that give the looks like you're doing something illegal, I'd just love to have one come up and give me some trouble. I'd have to ask them where they were the last time somebody didn't pick up their dog's poop. Or "god forbid I dig up some of this grub infested mole damaged litter pit they call a playground. I'm proud to say I usuallly leave my digs better than I found them.
But then again, people have said that I have a really bad scowl >:(...so most people leave me alone.

bigscrub

Jul 10, 2005
brandon,fla
Detector(s) used
minelab ex 2, wot,and joey coils, garrett deepseeker,whites 6000 di pro

hey there findone...bigscrub in fla here! Im planning to come to N.H around july 4th to visit my daughter in dover....im wondering what depth your found the coins you mention in your post ...here in fla we have a very sandy soil basically...and i mean other than the beach...haha....so digging is usually not too bad...but the older coins can be quite deep...im guessing easier to sink in the type of soil we have here! also im useing a minelab ex 2 and was also wondering how they work in your N.H soil??? any info would be great....good hunting to you all...bigscrub

Findone

Jan 20, 2006
COPE SOUTH CAROLINA
Detector(s) used
DFX,XLT and Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hello bigscrub,
Most of the coins I've found were in the 6 to 8 inch range. I just bought my SE, and don't have the experience to say if the Exp.II will work well up here. I have read a lot of post of people that use them here, and they are really finding some great things. I just don't know first hand, yet. You may want to check out "northeastmetaldetectingforum.com", and ask Bob, I think he uses an Explorer II.
I lived in Ft. Perice years ago. What part of Fla. are you in?
Good luck, and have a safe trip.
Leon

bigscrub

Jul 10, 2005
brandon,fla
Detector(s) used
minelab ex 2, wot,and joey coils, garrett deepseeker,whites 6000 di pro

im in brandon, fl...just outside of tampa findone...thanks for the info too! bigscrub

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread