wheres the best place to hide money?

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primarily my Fisher cz-70 and Compass Relic & Coin, plus many others
Re: where's the best place to hide money?

Ok, I know I shouldn't write this, but hey, what the hey?

Put 1/3 in a bank. Banks are not the safest thing but are in some cases.

Put 1/3 in some form of paper notes other than greenbacks and hide them in your house somewhere in a fireproof safe. Insure them, it's real cheap to do so.

For a long term plan:

Dig a 30" hole one foot from the end of a wood post fence. Buy a piece of 2-3" plastic water pipe 6-8" long and cap one end permanently with pipe dope. Glue a screw cap on the other end. Open it and put your greenbacks in it. . Drop it in the hole. Put an (OLD) post in on top of it and it will look just like the other posts in the fence if you cut it for length to match the other posts. Tamp it in and fill it in. Cover it with typical surrounding leaves, sticks, grass, etc. Metal detectors will not find it. If you want to hide precious metals, remember that past 30 inches even the Mighty Nexus will not be able to locate a regular 4" tin lid top of a plastic jar. (This is a fact). Pull the post out and get your money if you ever need it. Remember to put the post back just the way you had it, or someone else may notice.

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250

I know of a farm near me where the old farmer supposedly buried his money under fence posts .
After he died family members tore up fence posts all over the farm but never found the caches . At
least if they ever did they never let on .

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used

NEVER put all your apples in one barrel. If you do, then when they find one thing they find another one very close to it. Financial advisors say to put your loot in at least three different types of location. If you put them all on your property or all outside or all inside you are just asking for someone to get it from you. All professional treasure hunters know this too.

TreasureTales, all your suggestions are outside of the house but also all on the same property, do you suppose that could be a problem?

scrapdoggie

Nov 23, 2007
Deland Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace250 Pro-Kellyco

Windbreaker said:
I should think to hide it by giving it to my wife; any time i hide it she finds it! --- so just give it to my wife, once she gets it she must do a better job at hiding it because I never see it again!!!!!!! well hidden. LOL hahahhahaha
ha ha ha...thats great...i agree 100%

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250

If I had to hide a large sum of money in the house (This by the way is a one time deal where you will not be able to access it freely), I would buy one of those smaller fire proof safes, cut out a piece of sheetrock from a wall, insert the safe and link the safe with a chain to a few heavy barbells in the case of a hurricane, etc. I would then patch up the wall, paint, etc. I don't think your average thief is going to rip through the entire house's walls.

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used

No offense meant TreasureTales. Just was asking what you thought.

I do think however, that we will someday be forced to hide our money , our detectors, our other valuables, plus our guns and even more. I have my own special places to hide my loot etc, but those are very secret, nobody's business but my own. My above posts were a basic guide, not a difinitive by any means, know what I mean? It's just not good policy to tell everybody what we have found with our metal detectors, or how we would hide our goodies. I have found things that I do not nor will I ever post on here, and it's because people will drive or fly thousands of miles just to find them and rip me off.

Luckily for me I have two dogs who would absolutely delight in someone coming around here uninvited, and an excellent neighborhood watch too. For someone to climb over the fence and run into my ill-tempered Aussie or my absolutely fearless Black Belgian Shepard could be a real unpleasant piece of work, the epitomy of the "dumb crook" syndrome. Also, I have a self-designed, foolproof, home-brew electrical system for any blackouts or power outages, plus sonar, ultra-violet, and video security along with it all. The poor scmuck wouldn't have a chance in HADES of getting to anything valuable around here, or where I have or will have hiden any valuables elsewhere. We all have some good ideas, but our best ones are kept to ourselves, right?

Time for a trip to the coast to investigate the old shipwreck that has recently washed ashore. Maybe a good cup of java and an eclaire or two along the way.

HH all.

EasyMoney

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX

you can hide all you want at my house.lol

OP
OP
K

konnon6

Feb 13, 2007
Detector(s) used
homemade/whites DFX/MinlabGP3000/Garret 250

TT You made some great points.Thank you! I too got robbed but they only took the safe( that was bolted down to the floor)!It had no money in it we just kept all are important papers in it.The money was in a bank. But after a flood the bank was closed for a long time and they wouldn't inter- branch transfer founds
Plus using a bank leaves a paper trail that you might not want.my new place is down stairs in a floor safe that has ten yards of cement around it and 1 inch re bar.Off property is a good idea too.But where off property can you trust?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

send it to me I'll hide it so well it'll never be seen again -- even if you want to see it.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

In My wallet , I Know how to use it.

Actually, IF You have a Big mean dog that Hates everybody but you.
and needs a Titanium Chain to hold back.

The Best spot is in his Dog House.

or in the middle of a pool of Piranhas

For a simple source.

Inside the tires on your vehicle.
if you can do them youself.
and garage keep your car.

"under" the fridge.

inside a tree

in the ceiling or anyplace that can't be seen unless you look
straight up.

Inside Frozen Liver

Wrapped in Asbestos

Behind a Radon Detector that is Rigged to Report a Deadly Radon Level.

In a Dark Hole deep enough you have to reach all the way in & Reach around to find it.
Hole must be only big enough for an Arm to fit Snugly.
And have 10" of water in it. money must be in Tupperware under the water.
And Sign outside Hole. "I HID IT IN HERE" "Just Reach it" With a Big ;D on the sign.

"Spare Fake Sewerline" Put a Pipe in just like a Commode Pipe.
Put your money down the Pipe. Off set the real Pipe right next to it.
Bolt the Cammode into the Sewerline pipe.

tisp_diagram.JPG

The Best thing to do is work on peoples Disgust & Fears.

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used

Well said TR...

And now how about this one..?

Go to the salt flats in the SW USA and use a GPS to track yourself so that you can get within a 5 foot radius of where you will dig to hide your money. You wouldn't be able to detect it from the air because of such a very small target signature, and everything would all look the same on a video or stll photo. That area is quite big and if we hide something there, we can always use our GPS model to retrace our location, anytime we care to. In fact, we could do that in the wilderness of the Olympic Forest of Washington State or the jungles of Africa, as long as we felt secure that the area isn't likely to ever be disturbed.

I need to get outa de house more often. Spending way too much time on thoughts such as this and not enough on metal detecting....

treasureace14

Dec 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
ace250

i tried it once in the area on the toilet with the top that comes of and taped it.but i started using a fake backing so i could avoid the tiolett.

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett

It IS an interesting thread...

Metal detecting evolves into philosophical debate. ;D

More you have, the more someone is trying to take it from you!

Around here, they could very well steal the GUARD DOG. LOL

I've read where people were threatened, and worse, for the combo to a safe.

Best not to keep all your eggs in one nest.

There is very little I've seen that is more secure than investing in friends.
And when you check out, chances are you'll be able to count them on one hand!
rmptr

OP
OP
K

konnon6

Feb 13, 2007
Detector(s) used
homemade/whites DFX/MinlabGP3000/Garret 250

Thanks Jeff of PA
Those were some great Ideas. the toilet is often checked so is the plumbing
Yes but often there cut down.Access is Paramount to your stash you might want it the next week.I was told of an old water heater made into a safe
but was discovered when it was to be replaced.A gas tank on an old car worked till it was hauled off to the junk yard.

treasureace14

Dec 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
ace250

i just thought of a good one.i can hide it in a bale of hay in my barn
just gotta make sure its one in the back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread