wheres the bigger gold

ctjonb

Feb 22, 2012
Conn.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
where's the bigger gold

hello all, Im a newby here and just started prospecting with my family 2 years ago, considering im digging in new England, I have found mostly flour gold, I was just wondering where the better places to dig are I have dug in inside corners, behind big boulders, sand bars and never seem to find more than just color or few flakes, i keep thinking wheres there is small flour there has to be bigger gold right ? only thing I haven't done is just plain start digging in the middle of a stream is that even worth it or am i just in an area where its just plain flour and thats it. my best day so far was about 40 specs. But sure is a good way to beat the heat and play with the kids in the streams, thanks for any and all replies
John

Upvote 0

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
thanks kevin, I am glued to that show gold fever lol I have learned a lot from watching tom and his family go out on adventures thats a good show for the avg person thats what got my kids and I interested and out there digging haha
I have met both Tom and Perry. Tom by far is more personable and Gold Fever is a awesome show. You never forget the excitement from finding your first gold!

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks kevin, I am glued to that show gold fever lol I have learned a lot from watching tom and his family go out on adventures thats a good show for the avg person thats what got my kids and I interested and out there digging haha

Me too. The first time i saw it i thought tom was corny as heck. "get some GOLD" lol. But it really grew on me , now i record and watch every episode. He is a really nice guy and very knowledgeable. And i really like the fact that he always brings one of his kids with him. This show got me interested enough to try panning for the first time last week. Now i got the fever! I took my my daughter and realized even if i dont find gold its a great way to bond and spend time together playing in the river.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread