Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where's your banner finds?

Man, I have found sooo many banner finds....

P1140209 (800x520).jpg

P1140205 (249x800).jpg

That I stopped counting after my third!

P1140215 (800x599).jpg

:smileinbox:

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Lets see you find David Banner. Or was it Bruce?

OP
OP
Muddyhandz

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like really.....I just went into the closet to open one container and what do you know.......

P1140216 (800x568).jpg

Another banner find just sitting right on the top!

:o

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I would fit in that category, I hope to get at least one before I go in the box.

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My banner finds are still on ebay waiting for me to purchase them LOL!
Sorry could not help myself LOL!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I am personally waiting until I finally find my first silver quarter. This upcoming summer will be my tenth detecting without finding one. So when I do, I expect to make banner.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Unfortunately, the banner has been tainted. Whether it can ever recover remains to be seen. I, for one, could care less if the banner ever exists again. I have seen members here do things hoping for its' " glory " ( including being asked to vote for a find ) and I have to laugh and shake my head at the vanity of some of the people seeking it. Maybe they think others will be so impressed that they will offer up their top secret, extra special sites just for the privilege of getting to hunt with such an esteemed member. After all, if you have a find up top, you must possess extraordinary understanding of research and your equipment, right? I think this may have been the original intention of whomever set up the banner, but recent actions by people on this forum have caused me to look at it with less than admiration. Yes, I have no banners, so some of you that do may think I am saying this out of " jealousy ". Let me assure you...anyone that knows me will tell you this about me : I refuse to kiss anyone's rear in an effort for recognition. Maybe those that do will start to notice that " bad taste " in their mouth now and be content with wheat pennies and buffalo nickels.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I am personally waiting until I finally find my first silver quarter. This upcoming summer will be my tenth detecting without finding one. So when I do, I expect to make banner.

I will trade you 2 for that pretty little ring in your avatar:hello2:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will trade you 2 for that pretty little ring in your avatar:hello2:

Lots of rings, 1970 class ring, a tiny Canadian silver five cent piece, a silver thimble, seated dime, a few barber dimes and mercs , four war nickels and a bunch of Indian pennies and other cool stuff, but just cannot pick up a silver quarter.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Susan,

The silver is out there....got slow and do the overlaps especially after a good rain.

Regards + HH

Bill

OP
OP
Muddyhandz

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll find your silver quarter Susan and when you do, then several will follow in a short time span. That's way things work in the treasure hunting world!
Kind like all these banner finds lying around my house. :)

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never been impressed with banner finds. If a thread is labeled BANNER, I pass over it and read the common mundane finds that myself and the average detectorist find.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm truly hoping that this is the year I'll find that banner worthy horseshoe. I've dug 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, and some WHOLE shoes... but their all to rusty. I'm gonna be the first to get a horseshoe up there on top!

GA Boy.... I'm watching you CLOSE.... :laughing7:

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
where is my banner find?sold it for scrap..got $975.00 and was happiest when I had cash in hand.All of us can find something unusual,it just happens on occasion.I'll probably never find another noteworthy item as a result of where I live and hunt.
Banner finds are about hope.We all hope for something valuable or unusual under our coils.I'm happy for anyone who hits the jackpot.Paying some bills or recovering some of our equipment investment is a really good feeling and I hope for it for all of us.
It is treasure hunting...may you all find something you consider treasure this year !!!

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately, the banner has been tainted. Whether it can ever recover remains to be seen. I, for one, could care less if the banner ever exists again. I have seen members here do things hoping for its' " glory " ( including being asked to vote for a find ) and I have to laugh and shake my head at the vanity of some of the people seeking it. Maybe they think others will be so impressed that they will offer up their top secret, extra special sites just for the privilege of getting to hunt with such an esteemed member. After all, if you have a find up top, you must possess extraordinary understanding of research and your equipment, right? I think this may have been the original intention of whomever set up the banner, but recent actions by people on this forum have caused me to look at it with less than admiration. Yes, I have no banners, so some of you that do may think I am saying this out of " jealousy ". Let me assure you...anyone that knows me will tell you this about me : I refuse to kiss anyone's rear in an effort for recognition. Maybe those that do will start to notice that " bad taste " in their mouth now and be content with wheat pennies and buffalo nickels.
You have humility , self esteem , and integrity . Trying to type and operate equipment :censored:

What the hell was the man thinking ? :dontknow:
If the Philly dude did what he wrote in a thread after New Year , which said, I quote ,
" I plan to take the time off to spend with his family and work instead of logging on T Net over 30 hours a week".. maybe ???

He may have used better judgment , by doing so would have spared the disgrace caused by the temptation to deceive ,
which is , you guessed it .....

THE Banner
"Top Prize"
notoriety "
Best There Ever Was"
Banners myth ... his own ego led to a trap . Banner can go away IMO

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread