Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have never been impressed with banner finds. If a thread is labeled BANNER, I pass over it and read the common mundane finds that myself and the average detectorist find.

I'm about as average a detectorist as you can get and I never expected to ever get a banner. When I did get one it was a super great feeling. I think it's a great thing to have banners and I don't think anyone could honestly say they wouldn't want to have one.
I'm not in it to sell finds or for the riches very much so it's nice to have a little something to strive for with exiting finds. Everyones got to take the good with the bad regarding banners but the good way out number the bad in my opinion. If you skip over reading and seeing all them great finds then your missing out. My goal is a gold coin someday and when someone finds one I get a little envious but there is no way I am gonna choose to look at 100 threads on wheat penny finds and skip the gold coin one because it says banner! [emoji2]

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope to find a gold coin one day but when I do I'll have to label my post found a buffalo nickel and an Indian today with the hopes plateau hiker doesn't pass me over

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I am personally waiting until I finally find my first silver quarter. This upcoming summer will be my tenth detecting without finding one. So when I do, I expect to make banner.
This is what you get for now but keep trying for the Silver.:laughing7:
Marvin
stock-photo-single-banana-against-white-background-162067145.jpg

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is what you get for now but keep trying for the Silver.:laughing7:
Marvin
stock-photo-single-banana-against-white-background-162067145.jpg

You stole my Golden Horseshoe from my hot spot but thank God nobody voted it for banner. If you hadn't been honest about sneaking in you'd have your banner. :laughing7:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess mine is still in the ground waiting for me to dig it.

Yours and mine too....it's out there somewhere....waiting....I hope it's very patient....:D

Calm yourself Brad, there are no nail holes in that one, doesn't qualify. :D

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yours and mine too....it's out there somewhere....waiting....I hope it's very patient....:D

Calm yourself Brad, there are no nail holes in that one, doesn't qualify. :D

Hell I didn't even notice that.... But I've dug a lot of them not only with nail holes... BUT WITH THE NAILS STILL IN THEM! (for real) And I think one of them has G.W. upon the shoe which I assume (know) is a shoe off of George Washington's horse...!!! I'm gonna certify this tomorrow after my morning coffee and report back.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hell I didn't even notice that.... But I've dug a lot of them not only with nail holes... BUT WITH THE NAILS STILL IN THEM! (for real) And I think one of them has G.W. upon the shoe which I assume (know) is a shoe off of George Washington's horse...!!! I'm gonna certify this tomorrow after my morning coffee and report back.

Great!! We will be waiting with baited breath....( have to pick the little worm parts out'a our teeth tho)
GW horse shoe! Can't get much better than that! You gonna get banner for sure ( or a close facsimile) :D

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great!! We will be waiting with baited breath....( have to pick the little worm parts out'a our teeth tho)
GW horse shoe! Can't get much better than that! You gonna get banner for sure ( or a close facsimile) :D

I'll show you lady.... I got all night to think / sleep / examine more and ponder. It will be completely clear tomorrow morning after the 2nd cup of coffee.... :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread