Which Bank(s)?

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
I think the best chance of getting this to happen is with your own bank. It's all about building a relationship with the tellers and either the "lead" teller or Customer Service Manger (whoever orders). The ordering person is more likely to order as a favor to the teller than a favor to you at first. A $5 starbucks card to the teller is a nice tip and almost certain to get you reorders. After a while try to get the bank to bring in a box on every coin order. This way it becomes a standard part of ordering, x dimes, x quarters, 2 halves etc..

Best of luck.
65GT350

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
65gt350 said:
I think the best chance of getting this to happen is with your own bank. It's all about building a relationship with the tellers and either the "lead" teller or Customer Service Manger (whoever orders). The ordering person is more likely to order as a favor to the teller than a favor to you at first. A $5 starbucks card to the teller is a nice tip and almost certain to get you reorders. After a while try to get the bank to bring in a box on every coin order. This way it becomes a standard part of ordering, x dimes, x quarters, 2 halves etc..

Best of luck.
65GT350

As one who gets multiple boxes from different banks/CUs each week, ditto what gt has said.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good advice GT. I agree.

Are you working with a large bank? If not, it might be worth a try. I would think a large bank would order more boxes of coins than the smaller ones.

Good luck KW.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang killer, I'm in California and I don't have any trouble. I have 3 different banks getting me boxes next week. One teller told me I could order as many as I wanted and as few as $10 worth. One even told me I could order from her and bring them back to her; rolled of course. Funny though, my brother in Wisconsin was told he had to order a minimum of $1000 worth. He got them yesterday, all 2000 coins were loose in one bag! He got 1 90%er and about 10 or so 40%ers. Sheeeesh!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread