Which one describes you the best?

JJTheisen

Apr 19, 2009
USAF
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
If you chose the option that you CRH 7 days a week, you must have the ultimate dump and pick up schedule and be retired. :headbang:

If you chose the option that you CRH 6 days a week, you are retired, but possibly take one day off a week to golf. :headbang:

If you chose the option that you CRH 3-5 days a week, you fall in the average category, and probably wish in the back of your mind, that you had the time to be an option one or two. :-\

If you chose the option that you CRH 1-2 days a week, you will eventually either quit the hobby, for lack of motivation, or increase your weekly participation for love of the game. :icon_scratch:

While the pole is just for kicks, my opinion will always stay the same:

Moderation is key to enjoying this hobby in the long run.

hope you guys enjoy,
JJ

Upvote 0

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
I work the banks to death in 3 towns on the one day per week that I am in them.

They would throw me out if I showed up any more than that.

azlegends

Jul 13, 2011
If I didn't save the weekends for auctions, I would probably bump up to 6 or 7 days though.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I CRH ~once a week, but I order 3 boxes of halves once in a while. I am really into CRH, but banks are 20 miles from my house and my pickup truck gets 12 miles to the gallon. When I go to the grocery store once a week, I stop at the banks near by. I am really into this hobby too!

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
BuffaloBoy said:
I CRH ~once a week, but I order 3 boxes of halves once in a while. I am really into CRH, but banks are 20 miles from my house and my pickup truck gets 12 miles to the gallon. When I go to the grocery store once a week, I stop at the banks near by. I am really into this hobby too!

Keep on Rollin', BB !

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt 1 or 2 days a week, last year I did it a bit more. I still think bank tellers get sick of seeing me, when I dump and when I buy. So I think I hunt plenty, I hate feeling like I'm getting on the tellers nerves. But I'm always as polite as possible to them. I metal detect too, so that takes up time I could be roll hunting also.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I wish I had the time, as well as the dump opportunities, to search every day. I do what I can, though, with the high cost of gas which limits my dumping, and smaller budget.

alaskanfever

Mar 8, 2011
ALASKA
i take your assumptions are a bit off for the 1-2 days a week guys and gals that do this hobby. Like some of us love this hobby but have family or school obligations first. lately it has been harder to dump so i order up my months supply and sort through them about 4 to five days out of the first two weeks and then the next two weeks i dump them. with the exception of picking up at your dump banks if they have any new stock in.

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
was 7, now 6, now 5.

I know Im not an addict yet because I have the ability to push CRH to the end of my priority list if need be.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when i'm in town (business trips have been killing me since the end of july) I'm always good for 5 days a week and usually 6 (hit some dime boxes fast Sat morning).

I'm sure once we have kid(s) i'll be lucky to do 2-3x a week or less, but for now I allocate 1-3 hours per day on it, usually 2 hours unless I have over 5k in halves. Just wish I could have been doing this years ago :-)

HH
Bigheed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread