Which one should be my first one?

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, I was in the local park yesterday. This is where I met the Commander. Thats what he calls him self. He had a old vintage bounty hunter and I was laughing when I walked up to have a chat. In the period of about 20 minutes he picked up coin after coin while we chatted. Now I learned a lot from him in that 20 minutes. Mostly I spent too much on last detector. I can tell you my hunts are 300 times more productive from what I have learned. I am still not used to using a small search head or going slow. But man do my pockets fill up quick now. Im glad I have the new detector, but my old bounty hunter would do the same job in the parks. What ever you use, you will find stuff. As for weight, I have a pretty light detector and it still bothers me after 20 minutes or so. My detector even has a back lite screen for nite hunts. But I dont use it for that. While I have to say a waterproof detector like what diggers shows is a great idea. I dont have any rubber boots. My very expensive detector with all its modes has to be run on its lowest settings in the park, and I found running the machine on the right side of the screen very enjoyable with no need to look at a screen that lies to me. Dont get me wrong, you can hunt by screen and do well also. But my eyes arent so good so sound works better. I believe the more you pay, the better the detector. Knowing what I do now, Im happy with the 3 detectors I have. But there is one more on my wish list. Not something I would use in the park.

Rspiper

Feb 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought the coinmaster a couple years ago.$179.95. Dont Like. I,m giving it to my 7yr old to play with. I got so many false readings with that thing. I,m hoping this year to purchase the Spectra V3i.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread