Whistle Blowers, dirty balls and lots of love in the park!

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV / Bullseye II pinpointer
OH Hallelujah! Sunshine! Warmer temperatures! Blue Skies! <doing the happy dance> Happy Happy Joy Joy.. Happy Happy Joy Joy!... <maniacle giggling>

<grin>

Ok, yeah.. so I got to get out and detect a little while this afternoon... Oh What A Wonderful Feeling!

As the work day was winding down today at the job, I noticed for the first time today that it was bright and sunny outside.. blue skies with very high light white fluffy clouds.. the birds were singing.. no wait, that was me..as I merrily drove to a nearby park where I've been detecting around the grassy parking areas for the soccer fields. I'd called my dear wife on my way and let her know what my intentions were, I could almost hear her eyes rolling as she had already predicted that I would be doing just that. Uh.. getting out and doing a little detecting that is. What can I say? I'm addicted and today was a perfect opportunity!
Just what kind of day was I going to have though? I've had pretty good luck at this park in the past, in LOTS of places here.. it's a BIG park.. <smile> Acres and Acres of wide open spaces, ball fields, dog run, horse trails, bike paths, walking trails, even the county fair grounds. Yeah.. BIG park. Anyway, today I thought I might get a start on a parking area that I've not hunted before, up to now that is. Basically it's a big wide open grassy field alongside one of the soccer field areas (multiple fields here). I began detecting alongside (parallel) to the board fence that separates the parking area from the playing fields. This fence runs well over 400 yards from corner post to corner post, with multiple "gaps" or pass throughs for people to enter and exit to and from the parking area. That is one LONG swath to detect.. with my average swing being about six feet from side to side, perhaps a little narrower. <shrug> I detected all along this fence and turned around and detected back the other direction but just one swing's width farther out from the fence.. oh there was a little overlap to be sure... don't want to miss anything.
I was finding coin, litterally with the first swing today. I'd just stepped off the access road onto the grassy parking field when I got my first hit. A Lincoln Memorial Cent, hey! It's a coin! And, it's spendable! <grin> Well Mister Lincoln didn't have to wait by himself too awfully long in my finds bag.. I began picking up hits seemingly every few feet. Sure, Pennies mostly, but with some dimes and quarters thrown in as well it began adding up quickly. WOW!.
Coins weren't the only things I was finding, I've said before that this is a BIG park.. well some people like to come out here and swing a different kind of stick.. they practice their golf swing, or the drive or whatever.. they like to hit these little white balls all over the place.. some of them get lost and people like me find them while pursuing our own passion... er.. hobby. Lot's of balls.. dirty balls.. <grin>

3-4-09 003balls.jpg

Near one of the "gaps" however I got my first unusual find of the day.. it really blew my mind! I thought it was another quarter, according to the target range indicated on my detector, but this quarter didn't just pop right out of the grass roots like the others I'd been finding today, no, this one took a little more digging. You can see why too...

3-4-09 005tweet.jpg

Some whistle blower lots his tweet tweet either going to or coming from his car. It must have been there for a while as there were grass roots growing out of the holes in this thing, they all came out when I cleaned it up at home though. And it still works! Imagine that ! Made in America!.. and it works! <smile> Now that's Quality!

3-4-09 007blow.jpg
3-4-09 008spirit.jpg

More coins.. lots of can slaw and even whole cans of course, it is a public park after all, some people just don't understand the concept of putting garbage in a *gasp* "Garbage Can".. <rolling eyes> Well I picked up after many of them today, probably about three or four pounds of cans and slaw. *sigh* I only kept a few pull tabs in my finds bag.. call me superstitious. <shrug>
Along with the usuall suspects however, I did find some other things... Like the DRUG RING!

Ok, so it was just someones discarded or lost inhaler..probably some poor little asthmatic geeky soccer kiddy that would probably rather been at home in front of his or her computer or at the library buried in a good book. <grin> Like me?
The "ring" on the other hand, looks to be a bit of horse tack.. this park was a working farm at one time, and I've found other pieces of tack and farm implements, along with rifle and shotgun shells, etc etc. But to find these two so close together.. well it just had to be a "Drug Ring" <laughing>

3-4-09 004DrugRing.jpg

It was on my way back down the fence on the second "swath" that I fell in love.. I found love?..er.. a heart anyway. <grin> The target was in the quarter/fifty cent piece range again on my detector, but when I popped it out of the grass roots it turned out to be no coin. More like a little charm or perhaps a pendant, shaped like a heart, copper or brass I think, with a jadelike green (glass?) stone. Cool.. I always like finding bling.. even if it's only costume jewelry or "junque". About halfway down the fenceline, love struck again! Er, rather I found another heart! Oh yeah I was getting my HEART on today! (don't say that three times fast)<blushing>
This second heart was more the size of a charm from a charm bracelet perhaps, about the size of the finger nail on your little finger, almost tiny.

3-4-09 009hearts.jpg

This little heart held a secret though, it was/is actually a locket.. cool.. And that's not all! This little charm is Sterling Silver! COOL!

3-4-09 012heartProof.jpg

Yeah! Today was a GOOD DAY! I may have only got to get out and detect for about an hour and a half after work, but I GOT OUT! It was a pretty day, almost balmy after the brass monkey alerts we've been having for the past few days here locally, blue skies, light breeze, dry! and I got to enjoy some detecting time. ON top of all that!.. I found a good little pile of clad, a "novelty" find (the whistle.. that works!), and some bling! SILVER at that! And my wife was even happy when I got home after this enjoyable little hunt this afternoon. Of course she's always happy when I find money and especially silver or bling. Even if she thinks it's ugly or wouldn't ever consider wearing it herself, finding it is cool. <grin>
After cleaning up my finds and counting up the clad, I found that while not the biggest haul I've made from this park, it was still plenty for batteries or gas or whatever.

3-4-09 001clad.jpg

$5.07 I'll take it! <grin> What's better? Uh.. the weather report on the evening news is predicting temps in the 60's tomorrow, with the same clear and mild weather conditions. OH YEAH.. <doing the happy dance>

Happy Happy Joy Joy.. Happy Happy Joy Joy.. Happy Happy Joy Joy!!!

Hope you all get to get out and dance..er detect soon.. as always..

Happy Hunting Everyone!

Frodov

Upvote 0

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like you made a good hunt. Congradulations.....

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice got to like days like that :icon_salut:

OP
OP
Frodov

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
mrtuff said:
nice got to like days like that :icon_salut:

Spur of the moment! Carpe Diem.. all that stuff. Yeah, you gotta love a day like yesterday. I'm hoping that this afternoon will be a repeat performance as far as the weather is concerned. If so, I may.. just may.. be able to get out again and do some detecting. <smile> Here's Hoping!

Happy Hunting!

Frodov

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frodov , You get the prize for most joyful detectorist ! Man you are like a kid in the candy store

when your out there . If I didn't live a million miles away - I'd go detecting with you every day.

Thanks for your posts ! Argentium.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt all that clad and even a piece of silver......Matt

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Nice finds Frodov!
Glad you're making the best of the nice weather. I think the board's going to start heating up now that the weather is finally starting to break.
Mike

OP
OP
Frodov

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
mikewaz said:
Nice finds Frodov!
Glad you're making the best of the nice weather. I think the board's going to start heating up now that the weather is finally starting to break.
Mike

The weather prediction for Central Kentucky on Saturday is for temperatures in the low to mid 70's, clear and mild !!! WOOOHOOOOO!!!! Too bad I have to work most of the day.. *sigh* But I get off work (if all goes well) at 3:00 in the afternoon, so I might get to get out and detect a little bit. <doing an anticipatory Happy Dance>

Happy Hunting Everyone!

Frodov

FooserPaul

May 9, 2008
Somewhere in CT
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Frodov,

You seem like one of the nicest guys out here... I always enjoy reading your posts, stories, and seeing your graphics...

Keep digging and showing us the goodies :-)

Happy Hunting!
Paul

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the kind of outing I love when I get the itch to go to my favorite "hunted out" park. I always find something interesting there but not anything you could call real treasure. Great post. My kinda' treasure hunter!
Monty

OP
OP
Frodov

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
FooserPaul said:
Frodov,

You seem like one of the nicest guys out here... I always enjoy reading your posts, stories, and seeing your graphics...

Keep digging and showing us the goodies :-)

Happy Hunting!
Paul

Well thank you for all the kind words and praise my friend. I didn't know that I was one of the "nicest guys out here" but thank you for saying that. <blushing> As for my posts, stories etc. Well I guess I do tend to lean to the entertaining side when I get started writing. As for the graphics.. <laughing> I'm purely amateur I'm sure. Although I am striving towards better pictures, and neater appearances. Thanks for the encouragement.

I'll keep sharing my finds and my adventures as long as anyone finds them amusing.. besides myself that is. <laughing> It's all part of the hobby.

Happy Hunting!

Frodov

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread