Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
april 25 09 002.jpg

This little guy has been showing up at our bird feeder this year. Not an albino, but kind of a dirty white. He's missing half of his tail, so he probably can't from predators very well.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats neat. Thanks for sharing, it is always amazing what happens in nature.

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
During hunting season in Iowa the fox squirrels come in all colors from white to black and even german shepard type markings. Most are just plan old copperish red. I love diffrent colored animals. I saw a deer that was half white and half brown before hunting season started. Nature is amazing!

tncreeker

Feb 6, 2011
Maggie Valley, N.C.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awwwwwww, I love squirrels! That is a pretty color, but you are correct, it does not help him in the wild. He stands out to predators.

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see an albino squirrel every once in a while and got to feed one a couple of years ago from my hand.. There's a park I used to bike through in the morning and I'd bring old bread and crackers with me... I'd just kneel down, hold out my hand and they would gather around... Kinda weird feeling when they reach out and pull your hand down before grabbing the food.. You just gotta stay calm... I did however throw the food down if more than one was after the same piece. yikes :)

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow... I looked up Loring Park squirrels just for the heck of it and this guy filmed the albino squirrel I was talking about but he didn't have any luck feeding it by hand.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread