Whiteoak Civil War Museum a must see for any relic hunter

rjs123

Dec 14, 2009
Richmond VA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Deep Tech Vista Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend DP Newtons Whiteoak Civil War Museum near Fredericksburg Virginia is a must see if you are ever in that area. Loaded with relics that were found by DP and his father in Stafford County VA over many years. Across from Whiteoak Church east of Fredericksburg. It doesnt matter how many times I go into this place Im still in awe every time. The museum was created and built by DP. An amazing museum and a most amazing and humble man.

dp02.jpg

dp03.jpg

dp04.jpg

dp05.jpg

dp06.jpg

dp07.jpg

dp08.jpg

dp09.jpg

dp10.jpg

LukeTHr

Dec 13, 2005
kansas
Detector(s) used
whites xlt & tesoro tejon whites spectra v3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seeing those piles of bullets and buttons, and knowing they are a small fraction of the overall number involved in the civil war, really give me a sense of respect and awe for what those guys went thru

Blind Squirrel

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simply put, that is incredible!!!

Aquila

Jun 9, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 150, Golden mask 3
Wow. Lots of relics there. Are these all found by one or few hunters? :wink:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aquila said:
Wow. Lots of relics there. Are these all found by one or few hunters? :wink:

That's only a very small part of what is there.

The story I was told was about 5 or 6 long time relic hunters contributed to a lot of what is there.

kellyco_bridget

Greenie
Mar 28, 2011
Winter Springs, FL
Wow...how cool! Thank you for posting and sharing this for all of us to see.
Bridget

rjs123 said:
My friend DP Newtons Whiteoak Civil War Museum near Fredericksburg Virginia is a must see if you are ever in that area. Loaded with relics that were found by DP and his father in Stafford County VA over many years. Across from Whiteoak Church east of Fredericksburg. It doesnt matter how many times I go into this place Im still in awe every time. The museum was created and built by DP. An amazing museum and a most amazing and humble man.

dp02.jpg

dp03.jpg

dp04.jpg

dp05.jpg

dp06.jpg

dp07.jpg

dp08.jpg

dp09.jpg

dp10.jpg

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't sleep last night so I sat up until about 4:00 AM and watched a program on TV entitled "The Civil War, 1863". It was on PBS and was a wonderful program I hadn't seen before. It was narrated by one of the best CW writers of our time and the pictures were especially graphic and the carnage was unbelievable. It went from the first battle of Gettysburg to the end of 1863. I guess that due to the nature of the pictures of soldiers blown into pieces is why it is not shown during prime time? It was truly saddening and amazing at the same time. Monty

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009
Monty said:
I couldn't sleep last night so I sat up until about 4:00 AM and watched a program on TV entitled "The Civil War, 1863". It was on PBS and was a wonderful program I hadn't seen before. It was narrated by one of the best CW writers of our time and the pictures were especially graphic and the carnage was unbelievable. It went from the first battle of Gettysburg to the end of 1863. I guess that due to the nature of the pictures of soldiers blown into pieces is why it is not shown during prime time? It was truly saddening and amazing at the same time. Monty
Monty, that was but 1 part of a 10 part (I believe..or maybe 7 or 8 ) of the Epic famous Ken Burns Documentary called 'The Civil War'.
It first aired 25 years ago this year (new 25th anniv DVD set coming out in a few weeks if I recall) and was the most watched television program series of all time if I remember correctly. THough one could argue for ages on the approach and some angles, it is without a doubt one of the greatest documentary and television series of all time and put Ken Burns into "legendary" status. He also did, "Jazz" "Baseball" "The National Parks" "The Old West" and "The War: WW2"

If you don't want to buy the set I'm pretty sure most local library systems have at least one copy of every episode...every episode is also available to stream on netflix

Cheers

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
I was just there when I went to DIV. It was absolutely amazing!!! I was drooling... :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions